|Deokjinjin Fortress (덕진진)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Deokjinjin was the key strategic point of the outer castle wall used for defending the Ganghwa Straits during the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392). It was originally a military camp commanded by an official with the rank of Cheomsa under the command of the Korean naval base. In 1677, an official with the rank of Manho was assigned to this camp along with 26 military officials, 100 soldiers, 2 battle ships, and other military equipment. In 1679, the Namjangpodae and Deokjinpodae batteries were stationed here.
Deokjinjin Camp was the scene of fierce battles that took place during Byeonginyangyo (the French invasion in 1866) and Shinmiyangyo (the American invasion in 1871). The battlements and gatehouse of Deokjinjin that had all been destroyed during Sinmiyangyo were restored in 1977. At the Namjangpodae Battery, cannons used by the Joseon military have been reproduced and installed for display.
|Historic Site No. 226 (Designated on December 28, 1971)|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|Summer season 09:00-18:00 / Winter season 09:00-17:00|
|Available (Bus 10 cars, small-sized car 10 cars)|
※ Group: 30 people or more
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|From Songjeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 1, take Bus 3000 bound for Ganghwa Terminal(강화터미널).
* Bus schedule: 04:40-22:00, 8min intervals
From Ganghwa Terminal, take Bus 2, 53, 56 bound for Deokjinjin Fortress(덕진진).