|Seoul Daehan Hospital (서울 대한의원)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Daehanuiwon (Daehan Medical Center) is an antique two-story brick building within the grounds of Seoul National University Hospital. It was established under the direct administration of the Uijeongbu (State Council), combining the Gwangjewon (under the Home Ministry), Gyeongseong Medical School and the Korean Red Cross Hospital (under the Royal Household).
Built in the Madubong Hill area, this location where Hamchunwon, the outer garden of Changgyeonggung Palace, once stood in 1484 (15th year of King Seongjong), was also once the site of Gyeongmogung Palace, where King Jeongjo enshrined the mortuary tablet of his birth father Crown Prince Sado Seja in 1776 (the year King Jeongjo ascended to the throne).
These places that held importance for the royal family were destroyed as the Japanese built Gyeongseong Empire University in its place. In 1907, with the announcement of the plan to establish Daehan Medical Center, construction began on the main building, seven wards and affiliated buildings. Construction was completed in November 1908.
The Daehan Medical Center opened in Gwangjewon, but upon Japanese colonization in 1910, its name was changed to the Japanese Viceroyalty Hospital. In 1926, it was included as a part of Gyeongseongjeguk University to become a university hospital. Since the liberation of Korea in 1945, it has been a hospital affiliated with Seoul National University.
|[Seoul Daehan Hospital] Historic Site No.248|
|Hyehwa Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 3.|