|Huibang Falls (희방폭포)|
|The 28m high Huibang Falls is a waterfall located below the Huibangsa Temple at Sobaeksan Mountain in Sucheol-ri, Punggi-eup, Yeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do. It is located 700m above sea level sitting halfway up Sobaeksan Mountain. It is one of the must-visit tourist attractions that Sobaeksan Mountain has to offer, and is the No.1 waterfall in the whole Yeongnam (southeastern part of Korea) area.
The water from the falls comes from Yeonhwabong Peak (1383m), one of the sacred peaks of Sobaeksan Mountain. The water flows along Huibang Valley and then plunges into the rocks below with a big splash, creating a breath-taking view for visitors to behold.
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|* Jungnyeong course (2hr 40min / 7km)
Jungnyeong Pass ~ Yeonhwabong Peak ~ Birobong Peak
* Cheondong Eouigok Valley Course (4hr 40min / 11.6km)
Cheondong ~ Birobong Peak ~ Eouigok Valley
* Cheondong Course (2hr 40min / 6.8km)
Cheondong ~ Birobong Peak
* Eouigok Valley Course (2hr 10min / 5.1km)
Eouigok ~ Birobong Peak
* Huibangsa Temple Course (2hr 10min / 4km)
Huibangsa Temple ~ Yeonhwabong Peak
* Samga ~ Euigok Course (5hr 10min / 10.9km)
Samga ~ Birobong Peak ~ Euigok Valley
* Choamsa Temple Course (3hr 10min / 6.7km)
Choamsa Temple ~ Gungmangbong Peak
* Samga-dong Course (2hr 30min / 5.6km)
Samga ~ Birobong Peak
* Samga - Cheondong Course (4hr 30min / 10.8km)
Samga ~ Birobong Peak ~ Cheondong
>> Click here for details
|Huibangsa Temple (Tel: +82-54-638-2400)
- Individual: Adult 2,000 won / Student 1,000 won / Child 600 won
- Group: Adult 2,000 won / Student 900 won / Child 500 won
* Parking for over one day will be charged for two days.
* Fee applied when the parking ticket is lost: From the time of opening of the parking lot to the time of departure.
* Additional hours for economy cars: No fee adjustment
* Special rate is applied at Seongsamjae/Jeongnyeongchi Parking Lots (50% of hourly additional fee)
: First one hour: 1,000 won / Economy: 100 won, Compact: 300 won, Mid-Size: 450 Won, Full-Size: 600 won
Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Yeongju(영주).
* Bus schedule: 06:15-21:45, 30min intervals
From Yeongju Bus Terminal, take Bus 25 bound for Sobaeksan Punggi Spa(풍기온천).
Take a taxi to Huibang Falls(희방폭포) (15min).