|Borinara Hagwon Farm (보리나라 학원농장)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|The Borinara Hagwon Farm is a large-scale barley farm that measures an extensive 561,983m² (1,843,780 ft). It is the nation’s largest barley field, which requires a full week to harvest the crop. The field is now hosting a green barley festival to celebrate the burgeoning beauty of the season. The festival is the perfect spring getaway where you may enjoy walking through the rolling green hills of the country’s most extensive barley field. A diverse range of family friendly, hands-on events are available to visitors who wish to truly capture the country experience.
Once the barley harvest is completed, the buckwheat harvest begins. From late summer to early autumn, the field is filled with snow-white buckwheat flowers that create a seemingly endless, breathtaking view. The buckwheat flower festival takes place around September. Between the barely harvest and the buckwheat seeding, sunflowers color the field a bright sunshine yellow. Any time from spring through autumn, you may enjoy the ever-changing beauty of nature.
1) Green Barley Field Festival
Programs: Walking through the barley fields, barley pipe making, listening to music in the barley field, folk performances, 2-day camps, etc.
2) Sunflower Festival
3) Buckwheat Field Festival
Regular Hands-on Programs:
1) Rural homestay, visiting a filming site, etc.
2) Plants handicrafts, making tofu, making barley tea
1) Spring – Green Barley Field Festival, collecting bracken and mountain herbs, planting red pepper, making flower pots, hiking, etc.
2) Summer – Rice planting, making raspberry wine, harvesting mulberry, sunflowers, rural camp, etc.
3) Autumn - Buckwheat Field Festival, making a scarecrow, harvesting sweet potatoes and pumpkins, tofu making, etc.
4) Winter - Straw and plants handicrafts, tofu making, barley tea making, rural homestay, visiting filming sites, etc.
※ Programs are subject to change. Call the venue for inquiries.
|Grass field, playing facilities, accommodations, agricultural and speciality product store, restaurants, etc.|
|From Gochang Bus Terminal, take a bus to Mujang. (20min intervals)
From Mujang, transfer to a bus bound for Gongeum (공음) and get off at Seonsan.
Alternatively, it takes about 20min from Mujang to the farm via taxi.