|Daea Arboretum (대아수목원)|
|Daea Arboretum is located on the foothills of Mount Unjangsan in the Sobaek Mountain Range and boasts a relatively moderate temperate due to its inland location on the southwestern part of the Korean Peninsula. Since the Daea Arboretum is part of one of the eight back regions of Korea with limited access by general tourists the plants in the area have been allowed to flourish with little human interference. The area is also home to about 96 species of animals including birds (the cuckoo, yellow-headed bunting, etc.), wild boar, elk, and raccoons. The arboretum is divided into several areas: a tropical arboretum, a ‘natural monument tree hill,’ an observation center for visitors to compare tree species, a rose garden, and a landscaped garden.|
|January 1st, Seollal (Lunar New Year) & Chuseok|
|Tour Course Information|
1 (2 hours): Meeting plaza → Punggyeongwon → forest exhibition hall → rose garden →
tropical arboretum → hydrophyte arboretum → meeting plaza
* Course 2 (3 hours): Meeting plaza → Punggyeongwon → forest exhibition hall → tropical arboretum → forest road → observatory 1
* Course 3 (2 hours): Meeting plaza → forest exhibition hall → tropical arboretum → Sunhwan forest road → meeting plaza
* Course 4 (3 hours): Parking lot → specimen garden → dicentra forest road → dicentra field → Sunhwan forest road → hydrophyte arboretum → meeting plaza
* Course 5 (4 hours): Meeting plaza → tropical arboretum → forest road → observatory 1 → observatory 2 → observatory 3 → dicentra field → Sunhwan forest road → meeting plaza
|* Rose garden,
magnolia garden, Mugunghwa (rose of sharon) garden, camellia garden, hydrophyte
* Forest culture exhibition hall, forest road (5.8km), walking path (13.6km), playground, pavillon, etc.
Intercity Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Gosan.
Bus schedule: 06:40, 09:00, 09;40, 14:20, 15:50
From Gosan Terminal, take a bus bound for Dongsan and get off at Sancheon.
Bus schedule: 09:20-19:00 (runs 5 times a day), about 2 hours intervals
※ Bus schedules are subject to change.
※ Since Daea Arboretum is difficult to reach via public transportation, tourists are advised to travel by car.