|Dodamsambong Peaks (도담삼봉)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
are three stone peaks rising out of the Namhangang River. The big rock is called Janggunbong (Husband Rock), the rock on the left side which appears to be showing coquetry is called Cheopbong (Mistress
Rock), and the rock on the right side which is turning away from the big rock is called Cheobong (Wife
Rock). The peaks are said to represent an angry wife turning away from her husband who has taken a concubine in order to secure a male heir.
It is said that Jeong Do-jeon, a politician who made contributions to the
establishment of the Joseon Dynasty, spent his young days here and used 'Sambong'
as his pen name.
Surrounding the three peaks is a musical fountain which was set up in 1998. The fountain becomes a place for tourists to relax, especially during the nighttime, when watching the water cascade and flow in time with the music is a thing of beauty.
|Dodamsangbong Information Center: +82-43-422-3037
Dodamsangbong Ticket Office / Parking Lot: +82-43-421-3182
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|Tour Course Information|
|* 1 Day
1) Danyang -> Dodamsangbong Peak, Seongmun (Stone Gate) (music fountain/cruise ship) -> Lunch -> Cave (Gosu/Cheondong/Nodong)
2) Danyang -> Sainam Rock -> Banggok Pottery Center -> Lunch -> Seonam Valley -> Gudam Peak/Oksun Peak or Cruise Ship Tour
3) Danyang -> Hyangsan Stone Pagoda -> Ondal Tourist Resort -> Lunch -> Guinsa Temple -> Dodamsangbong Peak, Seongmun (Stone Gate)
|Available (Inquiries: +82-43-421-3182)|
|Musical fountain, Cruise ship, Motorboat, etc.
* Closed from December to February due to freezing temperatures
cruise ship, motorboat, etc.
Early March-Late April: 10:00-18:00
Early May-Late October: 10:00-22:00
Early November-Early December: 10:00-18:00
※ Subject to change, according to the weather conditions.
※ It is closed from December to February to prevent freezing.
2,000 won a day
Buses: 4,000 won a day
|Interpretation Services Offered|
|Cultural Tourism Interpretation Services available. (English, Japanese, Chinese)
* Inquiries: +82-43-422-1146
From Danyang Intercity Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Dodamsambong. (700m)
From Cheongnyangni Station to Danyang Station (Saemaeul Line)
* First train: 07:50 / Last train: 18:15 / 1 hr 58 min
From Cheongnyangni Station to Danyang Station (Mugunghwa Line)
* First train: 06:40 / Last train: 21:13 / 2 hr 5 min