|Dodamsambong Peaks (도담삼봉)|
are three stone peaks rising out of the Namhangang River. The big rock is called Janggunbong (Husband Rock), the rock on the left side which appears to be showing coquetry is called Cheopbong (Mistress
Rock), and the rock on the right side which is turning away from the big rock is called Cheobong (Wife
Rock). The peaks are said to represent an angry wife turning away from her husband who has taken a concubine in order to secure a male heir.
It is said that Jeong Do-jeon, a politician who made contributions to the
establishment of the Joseon Dynasty, spent his young days here and used 'Sambong'
as his pen name.
Surrounding the three peaks is a musical fountain which was set up in 1998. The fountain becomes a place for tourists to relax, especially during the nighttime, when watching the water cascade and flow in time with the music is a thing of beauty.
|Tour Course Information|
|* 1 Day
1) Danyang -> Dodamsangbong Peak, Seongmun (Stone Gate) (music fountain/cruise ship) -> Lunch -> Cave (Gosu/Cheondong/Nodong)
2) Danyang -> Sainam Rock -> Banggok Pottery Center -> Lunch -> Seonam Valley -> Gudam Peak/Oksun Peak or Cruise Ship Tour
3) Danyang -> Hyangsan Stone Pagoda -> Ondal Tourist Resort -> Lunch -> Guinsa Temple -> Dodamsangbong Peak, Seongmun (Stone Gate)
November-Early December: 10:00-18:00
※ Subject to change, according to the weather conditions.
※ It is closed from December to February to prevent freezing.
[Danyang Cruise Ship]
30min before sunrise-30min after sunset
|Available (Inquiries: +82-43-421-3182)|
|Filming Site of 1 Night 2 Days|
|Facility Utilization Fees|
| * Music
Fountain: 2,000 won (1 song)
* Danyang Cruise Ship
* Please inquire on the schedule in advance. Tel: +82-43-422-1740
2,000 won a day
Buses: 4,000 won a day
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
parking spaces, separate restrooms
|Interpretation Services Offered|
|Cultural Tourism Interpretation Services available. (English, Japanese, Chinese)
* Inquiries: +82-43-422-1146
|From Danyang Intercity Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Dodamsambong. (700m)|