|Daegu Yangnyeongsi Oriental Medicine Cultural Center (대구약령시 한의약박물관)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Yangnyeongsi Oriental Medicine Cultural Center was established in 1993. On the first floor is the herbal medicine market, which opens every five days and sells different types of herbal medicine from across the country. The second floor, divided into six zones, houses various experience station, a souvenir shop and an outdoor garden. The third floor, divided into four zones, displays the general and historical facts about Oriental medicine development in the city of Yangnyeong. Through multiple exhibitions and various hands-on experience programs, the Cultural Center continues to provide an opportunity to experience the 350-year-old traditions in the history of Yangnyeong-si and Yakjeon Medicine Alley.|
|Area: 1,600㎡ (2F-3F)|
|Collection (Number of types):
Rare medicine (19), pressed flower medicinal herb (37), medicinal alcoholic drinks (30), prescription herbal medicine (6), ancient books on Oriental medicine (42), medical minerals (14), medical tools (78), etc.
|Oriental medicine foot bath: 5,000 won
Medicinal herb soap: 3,000 won
Medicinal herb air freshener: 5,000 won
Herbal facial mist: 5,000 won
Herbal lip balm: 4,000 won
Oriental medicine tea sampling: Free
* Hours: 10:00-12:00 / 14:00-17:00
* Please apply 30min in advance. (by phone or on-site registration)
* Advanced reservation required for groups of 10 or more people.
|Age Limit for Activities|
|Must be at least 7 to participate in the programs.|
|Exhibition Hall Information|
|Experience Hall (2F)
* 'Future of Oriental Medicine Culture Zone' presents information on the Center as well as other tourist attractions in Daegu.
* 'Do it Yourself Zone' demonstrates different exercise moves, and checks visitors' blood pressure and obesity level.
* 'Oriental Medicine Exploration Zone' explains how Oriental medicine differs from Western medicine.
* 'Experience Zone' offers visitors a chance to make their own herbal medicine.
* 'Museum Shop Zone' sells a variety of Oriental medicinal and speciality products.
* 'Herb Zone' is an outdoor garden of herbs.
Oriental Medicine History (3F)
* 'Oriental Medicine Zone' explains different types of Oriental medicine and how to distinguish poisonous herbs.
* 'Yangnyeongsi's Past and Present Zone' features the history of the famous Yakjeon Medicine Alley.
* 'Medicine Alley Zone' shows the commercialization of Oriental medicine through pharmacies on the alley.
* 'History and Culture Zone' introduces the city, the people and culture of Yangnyeong-si.
|Admission / Participation Fees|
|-Free (some experience programs will require fees to participate)
-10% off on Oriental medicine experience programs on Culture Days (after 18:00~)
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
paid parking lot
First 30 minutes: 1,000 won
Each additional 10 minutes: 300 won
Yangnyeong-si Dongmun/Seomun parking lot
First 30 minutes: 500 won
Each additional 10 minutes: 250 won
|Groups of over 10 are asked to make reservations 3 days in advance.
|Info. Services for Koreans|
|Automatic audio guide rental & interpretation services available.
Available (provided at the Information Desk, 3F)
|Foreign Language Intepretation Services|
|Automatic audio guide rental & interpretation services available. (provided at the Information Desk, 3F)
Available languages: English, Japanese, Chinese
* Inquiries: +82-53-253-4729
1) Banwoldang Station (Daegu Subway Line 1 or 2), Exit 15.
2) Jungangno Station (Daegu Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
|herb.daegu.go.kr (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)|