|Daegu Yangnyeongsi Oriental Medicine Cultural Center|
|Yangnyeongsi Oriental Medicine Cultural Center was established in 1993. On the first floor is the herbal medicine market, which opens every five days and sells different types of herbal medicine from across the country. The second floor, divided into six zones, houses various experience station, a souvenir shop and an outdoor garden. The third floor, divided into four zones, displays the general and historical facts about Oriental medicine development in the city of Yangnyeong. Through multiple exhibitions and various hands-on experience programs, the Cultural Center continues to provide an opportunity to experience the 350-year-old traditions in the history of Yangnyeong-si and Yakjeon Medicine Alley.|
|Area: 1,600㎡ (2F-3F)|
|Collection (Number of types):
Rare medicine (19), pressed flower medicinal herb (37), medicinal alcoholic drinks (30), prescription herbal medicine (6), ancient books on Oriental medicine (42), medical minerals (14), medical tools (78), souvenirs (9)
|Age Limit for Activities|
|Must be at least 7 to participate in the programs.|
|Exhibition Hall Information|
|Experience Hall (2F)
* 'Future of Oriental Medicine Culture Zone' presents information on the Center as well as other tourist attractions in Daegu.
* 'Do it Yourself Zone' demonstrates different exercise moves, and checks visitors' blood pressure and obesity level.
* 'Oriental Medicine Exploration Zone' explains how Oriental medicine differs from Western medicine.
* 'Experience Zone' offers visitors a chance to make their own herbal medicine.
* 'Museum Shop Zone' sells a variety of Oriental medicinal and speciality products.
* 'Herb Zone' is an outdoor garden of herbs.
Oriental Medicine History (3F)
* 'Oriental Medicine Zone' explains different types of Oriental medicine and how to distinguish poisonous herbs.
* 'Yangnyeongsi's Past and Present Zone' features the history of the famous Yakjeon Medicine Alley.
* 'Medicine Alley Zone' shows the commercialization of Oriental medicine through pharmacies on the alley.
* 'History and Culture Zone' introduces the city, the people and culture of Yangnyeong-si.
|Admission / Participation Fees|
- Oriental medicine foot bath: 5,000 won
- Medicinal herb soap: 3,000 won
- Medicinal herb air freshener: 5,000 won
- Herbal facial mist: 5,000 won
- Herbal lip balm: 4,000 won
- Oriental medicine tea sampling: Free
* Hours: 10:00-16:00
* Please apply 30min in advance. (by phone or on-site registration)
* Advanced reservation required for groups of 10 or more people.
|Foreign Language Intepretation Services|
|Automatic Voice Guidance rental & interpretation services available in English, Japanese, Chinese
* Inquires: +82-53-253-4729
1) Banwoldang Station (Daegu Subway Line1), Exit 15.
2) Jungang-ro Station (Daegu Subway Line 2), Exit 1.
Take a bus from Seoul Express Bus Terminal to Dongdaegu Express Bus Terminal.
(Bus schedule: 06:00-01:30 (the next day) / Estimated travel time: 3hr 40min)
|herb.daegu.go.kr (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)|