|Oseosan Mountain (오서산)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
At 790 meters, Oseosan Mountain in Boryeong is one of the highest peaks on Korea’s west coast. Near the meeting point of three localities—Boryeong, Hongseong, and Cheongyang—the mountain is known for its natural beauty boasting a lush forest and pristine waters.
From the top of Oseosan, visitors can see waves of silver grass and fantastic sunsets over the West Coast. The mountain is also surrounded by other equally amazing peaks: Seongjusan Mountain to the south, Gayasan Mountain to the north, and Chilgapsan and Gyeryongsan Mountains to the east. Because of its proximity to the sea, Oseosan is one of few spots in Korea where visitors can enjoy both land and water attractions.
Oseosan Mountain attracts a variety of mountain hikers & climbers. Some enjoy the jagged cliffs and rock formations, others the winding paths along its ridges, and others the gradual incline leading to the peak. There are also several ancient temples and historic sites nearby such as Naewonsa and Jeongamsa Temples and Boksingul (cave formations near Ulgeum Bawi where General Boksin and his men staged the restoration of the Baekje Dynasty).
|+82-930-3520, 932-2023, 930-3672|
* Cheongso Cheongyeon-dong (2km/1h and 20min) – Peak of Oseosan Mountain (1.5km/50min) – Oseosan Mountain Recreation Forest (Myeongdae Valley) (3.5km/2 hours and 10min)
* Cheongso Seongyang-dong (via Imdo) (3.3km/2h and 10min) – Peak of Oseosan Mountain (0.8km/30min) – Woljeongsa Temple (0.5km/20min) – Oseosan Mountain Recreation Forest (Myeongdae Valley) (4.6km/3h)
* Daehyeop Ranch/Gyeongbu Ascon (via Imdo) (3.2km/2h) – Gure (0.5km/40min) – Peak of Oseosan Mountain (3.7km/2h and 40min)
* Hongseong/Gwangcheon (Jungdam) (1.3km/35min) – Jeongamsa Temple (1.2km/45min) – Peak of Oseosan Mountain (2.5km/1h and 20min)
* Hongseong/Janggok (Dosa Elementary School) (0.8km/30min) – Yongmunam (2.8km/1h) – Peak of Oseosan Mountain (3.6km/1.5h)
|Mountain Not Access Period|
|Seasonal fire watch period
Spring: Feb 1 - May 15, 2014
Fall: Nov 1 - Dec 15, 2014
|Admission allowed with Oseosan Natural Recreation Forest ticket.|
|Take the train from Yongsan Station to Gwangcheon (05:45 - 20:20, departs every 30min - 1hr 10min / travel time 2hr 15min)|
|Take the city bus from Gwangcheon Terminal to Oseosan Mt. (09 :00, 10 :40, 11:20, 14:10)|