|Baekje History & Culture Museum (백제역사문화관)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
Located in Baekje Cultural Land (Buyeo, Chungcheongnam-do), the museum shows the history and culture of the Baekje Period (18 BC- 660 AD). Consisting of three floors (B1F-2F), the museum offers a Regular Exhibition Hall (divided into four areas by time period), a Special Exhibition Hall, a Bakje Experience Hall, Archives Room, a 3D Theater, and an Auditorium. Equipped with diverse exhibition and education facilities, the museum displays reconstructed miniatures of relics, photos, and videos rather than real relics related to the Bakje Period, which help visitors understand the splendor of the period. It also hosts special exhibitions such as the Photo Exhibition of Buyeo a Century Ago.
Baekje Cultural Land reproduces a royal palace from during the Baekje Dynasty (Sabigung Palace), a village, Wirye Fortress, Gobun (ancient burial mound) Park, and Baekje Forest, making it a pleasant tourist destination for families and friends.
|Exhibition Hall Information|
- Exhibition Room 1: displays the history of the Baekje Dynasty by four periods: Hanseong Period, Ungjin Period, Sabi Period, and Baekje Renaissance Movement Period
- Exhibition Room 2: reproduces the culture and daily lives of the Baekje Dynasty based upon the capital town, Sabi, 14 centuries ago
- Exhibition Room 3: displays the flourishing Buddhist culture and folk religions during the Baekje Dynasty
- Exhibition Room 4: compares the Baekje Dynasty to other states and introduces its cultural traces in Japan
|Admission / Participation Fees|
|Individuals: Adults 1,500 won / Teenagers 1,200 won / Children 800 won
Groups: Adults 1,200 won / Teenagers 1,000 won / Children 600 won
* Group: 20 people or more
* Free admission to persons with disabilities, seniors (ages 65 and older), and small children (ages 6 and under).
* 50% discount for families with more than 3 children.
From Seoul Nambu Terminal, take an intercity bus to Buyeo.
From Buyeo Intercity Bus Terminal, turn left and go straight for 150m. Take a bus bound for Buyeo-Sinseong (부여-신성), and get off at the Korea National University of Cultural Heritage (한국전통문화학교) Bus Stop.
Go straight for 100m, and turn left at the sign for the Baekjae Historical Museum (백제역사문화관).
Go straight for 100m to arrive at Baekje Cultural Land.
|www.bhm.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)|