|Mungyeong Flying Land (문경활공랜드)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
“Human-powered gliders” refer to gliders under 50kg that can be operated by shifting one’s weight; this include devices such as hang gliders and paragliders. Paragliding, despite its short history, is the most popular type of human-powered glider.
Mungyeong Flying Land, a top paragliding facility, is conveniently located in Mungyeong, which offers excellent conditions for this amazing sport. Mungyeong’s geography creates an excellent updraft and steady winds, and the area’s total absence of high-tension wires means plenty of wide-open space for a safe landing.
Mungyeong Flying Land is surrounded by outstanding mountains (Juheulsan, Joryeongsan, and Seongjubong) giving visitors a unique and exciting flying experience. Nearby attractions include Mungyeong Spa, Mungyeongsaejae, Mungyeong KBS Drama Studio, Mungyeong Coal Museum, and more.
* Flying Site
- Location: Goyo-ri, Mungyeong-eup, Mungyeong, Gyeongsangbuk-do
(North Latitude 36˚44´03˝ / Longitude 36˚44´03)
- Opened on November 21, 1998
- Take-off Sites
1) No. 1 Take-off Site: 730m above sea level and 3,500m2 in area
2) No. 2 Take-off Site: 866m above sea level and 6,800m2 in area
- Landing Sites
1) No. 1 Landing Site: 220m above sea level and 13,000m2 in area
2) No. 2 Landing Site: 165m above sea level and 10,000m2 in area
3) No. 3 Landing Site: 150m above sea level and 15,000m2 in area
* Flying Conditions
- Flying is available year-round
- Landing sites are at the entry of Dansan, Goyogyo, and Mungyeong Spa
- Winds: West, South, and North Wind
- Take-off Conditions: can take off regardless of wind directions
- Qualifications: those having a practice pilot license or above
- Frequency: 145.920MHz
|Take the bus towards Mungyeong from Dong Seoul Terminal (06:30 - 20:00, departs every 40min - 1hr 30min / travel time: 2 hours)|