Who can I call in an emergency situation while in Korea?

  • Date01/07/2016
  • Hit14622

1. Who can I call for help if I am in an emergency situation while in Korea?

For emergencies, you can call the police by dialing 112 or the fire department at 119. For medical emergencies, you can call 1339, who will help connect you with the nearest hospital. Many hospitals in Korea are staffed with medical professionals who are fluent in English.


For non-life threatening emergencies such as transportation inquiries or interpretation services, call the 1330 Korea Travel Hotline, operated by the Korea Tourism Organization. This one-stop helpline is available as a public service for both local and international travelers.


For more information, please see here.