|Title||September 2017 Newsletter from KNTO LA - Enjoy a convenient railway tour with the Pyeongchang Korail pass!|
Enjoy a convenient railway tour with the Pyeongchang Korail Pass!
● What is the Pyeongchang Korail Pass?
- The Pyeongchang Korail Pass is a foreigner-only railway pass for traveling throughout Korea including Pyeongchang, Gangneung and Jeongseon. Users can choose the type of pass they want (5-day or 7-day) during the period from February 1, 2018 to March 25, 2018, and take any trains run by Korail without any limits.
- The Pyeongchang Korail Pass can also be conveniently used as a prepaid transportation card for subways or buses.
● Available Trains
KTX, KTX-Sancheon, ITX-Saemaeul, ITX-Cheongchun, Samaeul, Mugunghwa, Nuriro, commuter trains, 5 tourist belt trains (O, V, S, G, A, DMZ-Train)
● Types and prices (1,100KRW=1USD as of 9/5/2017)
* Only a group of 2-5 people with the same itinerary can use the Saver Pass. The Youth Pass is only for teens or ISIC holders. Children under 4 can take the trains free of charge when accompanied by a person aged 13 or older who has purchased a pass.
● Reservation period & period of use
Reservation period: October 10, 2017-December 10, 2017
* You can purchase a Pyeongchang Korail Pass during the reservation period only. Once sold out, the pass can no longer be purchased.
Period of use: February 1, 2018 - March 25, 2018
Railway Customer Service Center: +82-1599-7777/+82-1544-7788
How to purchase and use the Pyeongchang Korail Pass
STEP 1 Visit Korail’s website ( www.letskorail.com/pyeongchang).
STEP 2 Choose either a 5-day or 7-day pass. Select your departure date as well.
STEP 3 Select where to retrieve your Pyeongchang Korail Pass (plastic card) and make a payment.
STEP 4 Print your reservation.
* You must bring the hard-copy reservation when you visit Korea.
STEP 5 Select the train, time, and seat you want (reservation can be made starting 30 days before the boarding date).
* You can reserve your seat from Korail’s website starting 30 days before boarding the train. Seats will be reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. You may have to reserve a standing ticket if seats are fully booked.
STEP 6 Retrieve your Pyeongchang Korail Pass (plastic card) at a designated counter.
STEP 7 Print the train ticket from the website or retrieve it at the train station.
* In order to take the train, you need to bring a printed ticket downloaded from the website (refer to Step 5 above) or retrieve your ticket at the train station.
STEP 8 Take the train.
Special Benefits for Pyeongchang Korail Pass Users
First, a pre-paid transportation card pre-loaded with KRW 5,000.
Second, a free city tour coupon book.
If you buy the Pyeongchang Korail Pass, you will get a free coupon book as well. It contains free city tour tickets that can be used in 6 regions – Seoul, Busan, Gyeongju, Incheon, Jeju, and Daegu. Enjoy cost-efficient tours around Korea.
Travel Korea with the Pyeongchang Korail Pass!
Cautions when using the Pyeongchang Korail Pass
1. The Pyeongchang Korail Pass cannot be used by another person. Upon the station/train attendant’s request to confirm your identity, you must show your Pyeongchang Korail Pass, train ticket and ID card (passport or the ISIC).
2. A plastic pass cannot be reissued, but a paper pass can be reprinted from Korail’s website only once.
3. When getting a refund for the Pyeongchang Korail Pass, a refund fee (from 5%-10%) will be charged based on the remaining period of the pass.
4. You can change the departure date only once after you have reserved it on the website. Revisions must be made before the reserved departure date.
5. Seat reservations may be difficult during the Seollal holidays (February 15, 2018-February 18,2018) since demand is high during that period.