Find HANGEUL in everyday life!
Are you familiar with Hangeul?
The Korean alphabet, also known as Hangeul, was created in 1443 and was promulgated by King Sejong the Great. Hunminjeongeum is the manuscript describing the new script for the Korean language. It is Korea’s National Treasure no. 70 and was inscribed in UNESCO’s Memory of the World Register in October 1997.
In celebration of Hangeul Day on October 9, KTO wants to know how Hangeul inspires you! Participate now for a chance to win a special gift!
- Recreate one of the 14 Hangeul consonants (ㄱ,ㄴ,ㄷ,ㄹ,ㅁ,ㅂ,ㅅ,ㅇ,ㅈ,ㅊ,ㅋ,ㅌ,ㅍ,ㅎ) using your body or everyday objects.
- Take a photo of your creation and add a short description. Use your name for the photo’s filename (e.g. John Doe.jpg )
- Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and write HANGEUL DAY CONTEST 2013 in the email’s subject line.
- For your photo’s description, please follow the format below:(your photo’s description)Your name
* A compilation of the photos will be uploaded on Facebook. (facebook.com/koreatourism).
A panel will perform a preliminary screening for conformity to the rules. Depending upon the number of entries received, the pre-selection panel may also perform the first round selection of entries. This will determine which photos will be uploaded in the Facebook album.
September 30 – October 4, 2013
Announcement of Winners
October 8, 2013
Selection of winning works
- 14 winners (one winning photo per letter).
- Entries will be evaluated based on creativity, quality, and the photo’s description.
- mug set
- pencil case
Terms and conditions:
- All submissions (photos, illustrations, etc.) must be content you created.
- The copyright (including the right to create secondary works and edited works) for all works submitted in this contest automatically transfers to KTO.
- Entrants guarantee that their work do not infringe upon the copyrights or any other rights of a third person. Should KTO incur damages or become unable to use the winning works due to rights infringement, the entrant shall indemnify for all damages, and KTO has no obligation whatsoever in this regard.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Check out the other entries: