▲Bogwang Phoenix Park Ski Resort, the first ski resort to open this year
Due to the early arrival winter in Korea, some ski resorts in Gangwon-do have already scheduled their opening dates for this year’s ski season.
The recent cold wave advisory issued in the Gangwon-do and Chungcheongbuk-do regions, together with the below zero morning temperatures in Seoul, signal the arrival of winter. As a result, ski resorts in Gangwon-do have announced their early opening dates.
The first ski resort to open this year is Bogwang Phoenix Ski Resort in Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do, which opened on November 11 when the first cold wave advisory was released. Yongpyong Resort in Pyeongchang-gun also followed suit and opened on the following day.
Other ski resorts in Gangwon-do are also rushing to prepare for their opening dates. Most of the resorts will be open by the end of November.
※ Scheduled dates are subject to change depending on weather variations.
- ☞KTO Homepage:
- http://www.visitkorea.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Russian)
- ☞1330 Korea Travel Hotline:
- +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ Korea Weather
- ☞ KTO Winter Event: FREE Family Trip to Korea
- ☞ KTO’s winter coupon book is now available!
Courtesy of Korea Tourism Organization