#1. The Millennial Anniversary of the Tripitaka Koreana 2013 started off on September 27. A month into the festival and people are still visiting the venue to take part in the celebration.
#2. With six exhibition halls and one 3D theater, the Tripitaka Koreana Cultural Theme Park provides a wide variety of content related to the Tripitaka Koreana and Buddhism.
#3. The highlight of the festival is the Iun parade, a reenactment of the historical parade of people carrying the enshrined Tripitaka Koreana from Seonwonsa Temple in Ganghwado Island to Haeinsa Temple in 1398.
#4. Many hands-on programs are currently available at the festival venue. Highly recommended ones include engraving the Tripitaka on woodblocks and printing carved blocks of the Banyasimgyeong (the Heart Sutra) on paper.
#5. The stillness of the temple and the soothing tones of wind chimes drifting across the temple grounds will bring the mind and body a sense of peace and tranquility.
- ☞Millennial Anniversary of the Tripitaka Koreana 2013
- ☞Millennial Anniversary of the Tripitaka Koreana 2013 to start Sep 27
- ☞KTO homepage:
- http://www.visitkorea.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Russian)
- ☞1330 Korea Travel Hotline:
- +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Courtesy of Korea Tourism Organization