#1. The neighborhood of Haenggung-dong in Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do is currently a car-free zone.
#2. Instead of cars, people enjoy using bike strollers, tricycles, four-wheel bicycles and other eco-friendly means of transportation.
#3. Suwon’s Haenggung-dong is a village for human beings, not cars.
▲Segway: A vehicle for a single person operated by an electronic motor (left)
#4. When visitors want to take a break from the day’s activities, they go to Culture Supermarket (Munhwa Swimteo) where they can watch the special parade under the shade while catching their breath.
▲ Photo of a bicycle taxi
#5. Enjoying the wonderful autumn weather and the clear blue skies in the car-free neighborhood of Haenggung-dong is a unique experience you won’t get anywhere in the big city.
- ☞ Venue:
- Hwaseong Haenggung Palace, Janganmun Gate, Hwaseomun Gate, etc
- ☞ Eco Mobility World Festival 2013 kicks off Sep 1
- ☞ Korea Tourism Organization Homepage:
- http://www.visitkorea.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Spanish, Russian)
- ☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline:
- +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
※Original Copyright: Korea Tourism Organization U-Tourism Team