In celebration of Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day), the Tourist Information Center (TIC) on the basement level of the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) Headquarters will be holding special holiday activities from September 16-October 21.
Visitors may play several Korean traditional folk games such as tuho (throwing sticks into a barrel), yutnori (four-stick game), and paengichigi (top spinning) and may also try on hanbok (Korean traditional clothes) and royal court dress from the Joseon Dynasty period. Other scheduled activities include traditional crafts making and sampling traditional tea.
TIC also offers other exciting programs and facilities. In addition to the information desk that provides up-to-date travel tips and news, the TIC has a Hallyu (Korean wave) experience zone, medical tourism information center, video room, tourism technology library, and space reserved for an exhibition and promotion of regional specialty products.
Visitors may stop by the TIC any time during the designated hours without making prior reservations to play folk games and try on hanbok (traditional clothes) for free. The Chuseok activities will be held with the assistance of staff members who speak English, Japanese and Chinese.
Outside of these Chuseok events, TIC regularly holds traditional cultural activities such as arts and traditional crafts workshops, and hanbok experience and Korean name-giving programs. Following the Chuseok Holiday event, the next cultural activities will be held on October 14-19, November 11-16, and December 16-21 of 2013
• Chuseok Cultural Program Schedule
|Sept 16 - 21
||Korean traditional folk games
09:00 – 18:00
* Start at 11 a.m. on the first day/ Close at 5 p.m. on the last day
|Trying on hanbok & a royal court dress of Joseon Dynasty period
||09:30 – 17:30
|Making traditional ‘lucky bags’
||09:30 – 16:30
|Traditional tea sampling
||13:00 – 17:00
※ Walk-in registration; free of charge
- Sept 16 – 21, 2013
- Tourist Information Center (TIC) (Basement Level 1), in Jung-gu, Seoul-si
- Get off at Jonggak Station (Subway line 1), Exit 5, cross Cheonggyecheon Stream, B1 of Korea Tourism Organization building
- Get off at Euljiro 1(il)-ga Station (Subway line 2), Exit 2, walk towards Cheonggyecheon Stream, B1 of Korea Tourism Organization building
- Get off at Gwanghwamun Station (Subway line 5), Exit 5, walk along Cheonggyecheon Stream, next to Gwangtonggyo Bridge, B1 of Korea Tourism Organization building
- +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- ☞Related Contents
2013 Tourist Information Center Cultural Experience Event
Chuseok Celebrations in Today's Korea
Chuseok – Korean Thanksgiving Day