All you need to know about Korean food - Where to eat, what to eat, and how to eat it!
Check out our guide to the best restaurants in all the different parts of Korea and
learn where to go to get the best kimchi, ginseng, liquor and more.
Recommended Food Columns
- Hanok Coffee Shops in Seoul
- At Bukchon Hanok Village and Insa-dong in downtown Seoul, there are a number of coffee shops and tea houses renovated in hanok (traditional Korean house style). These hanok cafés serve a variety of delicious drinks from coffee to traditional Korean tea, but what sets them apart from standard coffeehouses is their beautiful architecture. Some even have jangdokdae (traditional Korean earthenware pots), daecheong maru (wooden-floors) and giwa (traditional roof tiles), all of which come together to create a unique traditional ambience. Read on to learn more about hanok coffee shops in downtown Seoul.
- Bingsu, an unbeatable summer treat!
- Bingsu (shaved ice with toppings) is a popular snack food found almost everywhere in Korea during the summer months. As it becomes a heavily dominant menu eaten across the nation by many Koreans and travellers seeking for unique eats, lots of dessert businesses are coming up with more creative concoctions to delight their customers. To beat the sweltering heat this summer, let’s indulge in some of these tasty treats known to be the best of the best! Read on to find a variety of places where you can explore endless diversity of bingsu and flavors.
- Korean Summer Foods: Tasty ways to combat the summer heat
- Summer in Korea is in full force, bringing with it muggy weather and bouts of heavy rain. As temperatures rise, people try to escape the heat by heading to the beach, the swimming pool, or air-conditioned cafes and malls. In Korea, however, staying healthy and cool during the summer is all about what you eat. Many Koreans try to beat the heat and counteract summer fatigue by eating cold dishes and healthy foods that are known for their restorative powers. Keep reading to find out exactly which foods to eat to restore your strength and refresh your spirit Korean style!
- Korea’s health secret of bibimbap prepared to perfection
- Bibimbap, a bowl of rice mixed with meat and assorted vegetables, is one of the all time favorite meals of the Korean people, regardless of age or generation. Its popularity has also grown internationally with the spread of hallyu, or Korean “wave.” Even some Hollywood celebrities have praised its nutritional value and talked about how it has helped them maintain a healthy diet.
- Non-spicy Korean Foods
- Bibimbap, a bowl of rice mixed with meat and assorted vegetables, is one of the all time favorite meals of the Korean people, regardless of age or generation. Its popularity has also grown internationally with the spread of hallyu, or Korean “wave.”
- Tasty street foods to try this winter
- With the arrival of winter’s cold bite comes a variety of Korean winter snacks and foods. Savory and sweet winter street snacks like bungeoppang, hotteok, baked sweet potatoes, and hoppang, along with traditional winter dishes such as gimjang kimchi, tteokguk, and manduguk are some of the most loved winter foods. Not only do they bring back childhood memories for Koreans, but they also help everyone forget about the chilly winter weather.
Korea Restaurants Search
For vegans and vegetarians
For halal consumers