- * Festival only held when there is ice; refer to the website for festival status
* Admission based on reservation system.
- 12.06.2019 ~ 02.16.2020 Finished
- 55-2, Gopdani-gil, Yangpyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 양평군 단월면 곱다니길 55-2
- Soomy Village
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-775-5205
- Sponsors / Management
- Soomy Land 365 Days Festival Organizing Committee / Soomy Land 365 Days Festival Organizing Committee
- Yangpyeong Icefish Festival takes place in Soomy Village from late-December to early-February. Residents are preparing for the festival to welcome all visitors including families, couples, groups and others. During the festival, visitors can eat warm fish cakes and roasted chestnuts. Aside from ice fishing, other traditional winter games and activities such as kite-flying, top spinning, sledding and jjinbbang-making (steamed bun with red bean filling) will be available.
During lunch, tteokguk (sliced rice cake soup), bingeohoe muchim (seasoned raw smelt salad) and bingeo twigim (deep-fried smelt) are available at the Women's Society of Soomy Land. One special trait of this festival is the offer of an all-inclusive experience package. After making a reservation, families can enjoy a full day of fun experiences from the moment they arrive until the time they head home with no additional fees to worry about.
Yangpyeong Icefish Festival can be enjoyed by visitors of all ages: Children will look up to their fathers’ as strong men, pulling their sleds around the snow-covered ice; couples will look back on the festival as a warm winter memory, walking hand in hand; friends and coworkers will remember the delicious food and joyful time they spent together.
To attend the festival, visitors can make a reservation on the festival's official website.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Varies by program (Discount available with online reservation)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors ages 3 and older
From Cheongnyangni Station, take a train to Yongmun Station.
From Yongmun Station, take a taxi for approx. 8 min
- soomyland.com (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.