- 12.31.2019 ~ 01.01.2020 Finished
- 136, Haemaji-ro, Nam-gu, Pohang-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 포항시 남구 호미곶면 해맞이로 136
- Homigot Sunrise Square
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-289-7852~7858
- Sponsors / Management
- Pohang-si / Pohang Cultural Foundation
- Homigot Village, the main venue of the Homigot Sunrise Festival, is located on the easternmost point of the Korean Peninsula. Located in the furthest east of the Korean peninsula, Homigot Village means ‘a village on a tiger’s tail’ and is also the location where one can witness the first sunrise in Korea.
The festival includes local cultural performances, a New Year celebratory event, fire show, sunrise concert and other diverse performances. Visitors may sample free tteokguk, a traditional New Year’s Day dish, during the special event of ‘Serving tteokguk for 10,000’. Other events such as kite-flying and launching hope balloons with wishes attached will provide enjoyable moments to reflect on the previous year and create new year resolutions.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- From Pohang Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus 200
and get off at Guryongpo.
From Guryongpo, transfer
to a bus bound for Homigot.
- phcf.or.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.