- 05.18.2018 ~ 05.20.2018 Finished
- 332, Jungnangcheon-ro, Jungnang-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 중랑구 중랑천로 332
- Areas of Seoul Rose Park (Jungnangcheon Stream Rose Tunnel, Junghwa Sports Park, Surim Public Park, Mokdongcheon Stream Rose Garden, areas of Jungnangcheon-ro Road, Rose Fountain Park)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2094-1820
- Sponsors / Management
- Jungnang-gu / Jungnang-gu
- Seoul Rose Festival takes place every May in the area of Jungnang-gu, where thousands of roses blossom to form a 5.15km-long rose tunnel. The festival focuses on the love aspect of roses, with many perfect spots for proposals and engagement photos. Performances and activity programs will entertain visitors along with a magnificent finale of fireworks on the last day of the festival. Nighttime visitors are welcome to enjoy the sight of roses as well with their beauty maximized by a variety of lighting effects. The festival celebrates each day with diverse contents based on different themes and provides photo zones throughout the event venue for visitors.
- - Rose Day (5.18, Friday): Community event programs (Rose Parade, Rose Singing Contest, etc.)
- Couple's Day (5.19, Saturday): Event programs for youths and international visitors (Rose & Music Party, Hanbok Flash Mob, Hanbok Fashion Show, Jazz Concert, etc.)
- Wife's Day (5.20, Sunday): Event programs dedicated to wives (Rose Path Walk, Wife's Day Garden Dinner Show, Musical Gala Show, etc.)
- Permanent programs: Rose Market, traditional market street foods, food trucks, small business booths, performances by Jungnang-gu artists, rose beauty zone
- Little Rose Festival (a week before and after the main festival period): Rose Road Busking, Rose Library Book Concert, Rose Free Market, children's drawing contest, marathon, exhibitions, performances and more.
- Performance Times
- Little Rose Festival: May 11-17 / May 21-27
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (separate fee applies for experience events)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Additional Events
- - Junghwa Sports Park: Performances, outdoor exhibition, experience zones
- Surim Public Park: Rose Fashion Show, Rose Jazz Concert, Silent Disco, Wedding Photo Zone
- Mokdongcheon Stream Rose Garden: Beauty zones (hanbok experience, hair and make-up, giant flower workshop), Proposal Phto Zone, etc.
- Areas of Jungangcheon-ro Road: Rose market, traditional market street foods, small business booths, etc.
- Rose Fountain Park (formerly Junghwa Sugyeong Park): Rose market, food booths, Jungnang artist performances, etc.
- Rose Tunnel: Photo zones, Jungnang artist performances, etc.
- Program Details
- - Rose Parade: A rose-themed parade where everybody is invited to join in.
- Rose Singing Contest: Singing contest based on songs related to flowers along with performances presented by guest singers.
- Rose & Music Party: Energetic and vibrant party for youths and young couples. Stage performances will featuring guest singers.
- Wife's Day Garden Dinner Show: A dinner cooking show for selected married couples at a beautiful garden of roses.
- KBS Symphony Orchestra Rose Concert
- How to Particpate
- Refer to the website: seoulrose.jungnang.go.kr (Korean only)
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
Meokgol Station (Seoul Subway Line 7), Exit 7.
Walk straight for approx. 40m.
Turn left and walk straight for approx. 400m to Jungnangcheon Stream.
Junghwa Station (Seoul Subway Line 7), Exit 4.
Turn left and walk straight for approx. 400m to Jungnangcheon Stream and Junghwa Sugyeong Park.
- seoulrose.jungnang.go.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.