VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.09.2015 ~ 10.12.2015 Finished
- 112, Bongyang10-ri, Jeongseon-eup, Jeongseon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원 정선군 정선읍 봉양리 112
- The area of Arari Park in Jeongseon
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-563-2646 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Jeongseon-gun, Gangwon-do / Jeongseon Arirang Festival Committee
- This festival takes the theme of ‘Jeongseon Arirang’, a variation of the Korean folk song ‘Arirang’, which was developed in the Jeongseon region. The Jeongseon Arirang Festival was started to preserve the ‘Jeongseon Arirang’, an intangible cultural asset, and to pass along its culture to following generations.
One of the festival’s main events is a performance of the famous ‘Arirang’ folk song, and there are many other events and programs. In addition, there is a folk market called the ‘Jeongseon 5 Day Market’, which opens every five days, where visitors can experience the lively bustling atmosphere of a Korean folk market and purchase agricultural produce at low prices.
Nearby famous tourist destinations include the rail bikes, Gangwon Land, and more.
- [Main events]
- Opening and closing ceremony, Arirang singing contest, Jeongseon Arirang performance, dance performance, mask dance, traditional games, traditional cultural experience, local market, etc.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (exclusive art market and hands-on activities)
- Additional Events
- - Writing contest, teenagers art venue, K-pop cover dance contest, Arirang baduk contest, traditional food contest, etc.
- Program Details
- Planned event
- Street performance, busking, traditional folk gut (exorcism: jultagi, taak, minsokgut), traditional performance (pumba, jakdu), Arirang ssireum (Korean wrestling) contest, etc.
- From Dong Seoul Bus
Terminal, take an intercity bus to Jeongseon.
(7:10-18:55, departs every 1hr~1hr 30min / est. travel time: 3hrs 30min)
From Jeongseon Terminal, take a taxi to the festival grounds. (5-10min)
- www.arirangfestival.kr (Korean only)