VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 01.09.2016 ~ 01.31.2016 Finished
- Hwacheon-eup, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원 화천군 화천읍
- Hwacheon Stream (화천천) & 3 Villages in Hwacheon-gun
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-1688-3005 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Hwacheon-gun /
- The Hwacheon Sancheoneo (Mountain Trout) Ice Festival will be taking place at Hwacheon
county in Gangwon-do. This virtually untouched region is known as the first area in Korea that freezes over in winter, and the river is covered with a thick layer of ice.
Visitors can try ice fishing, and those who are feeling brave can try to catch the
mountain trout with their bare hands. Many other fun activities and performances
are available, including an exhibition of ice sculptures that took 20 weeks to prepare. Visitors can also
sample raw and grilled mountain trout, both of which are delicious.
- [Trout Experience]
- Trout ice fishing, lure fishing, bare-hand fishing
- Fishing zone for foreigners
- Fishing zone for Infants and children
[ Snow / Ice Experience]
- Snow sledding, Ice sledding, creative sleigh
- Elgomi Castle, Elgomi Bike
- Ice soccer, Bobsleigh
- Fun rides, etc.
- Open Courtyard
- Creative Sleigh Contest
- Winter Village
- Trout Bokbulbok Events
- Festivals including 'Angels of the day' &'The day of military bases'
[Town / Other extra events]
- Seondeung Street, Seondeung Street Performances
- Indoor Ice Sculpture Square
- West Volcanoe's Ice Wall Photo Zone
- Trout Craft Studio
- Coffee Museum
- Hwacheon Ecological Film Center
- Convenience facilities / Safety Experience Zone
(Information Center, fireplace
resting area, Disaster Relief, Emergency centers)
- Food / Things to Buy
(Official Food Street, Trout & Raw
fish restaurants, Agricultural Specialty Product Market, etc.)
- Additional Events
- - Gangdongmyeon Town Barobaro Winter Festival
- Sanaemyeon Town Dongsimsan village land
- Sangseomyeon Town DMZ Dongdong Festival
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Hwacheon.
Stream is about 10-min walk from the Hwacheon Bus Terminal.
- www.narafestival.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)