VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 02.04.2016 ~ 02.06.2016 Finished
- 1, Danojang-gil, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 강릉시 단오장길 1 (노암동)
- Dano Park (Gangneung), Phoenix Park (Pyeongchang)
- Sponsors / Management
- Gangwon-do / PyeongChang Connected Foundation and National Federations (Local Organising Committees)
- Commemorating the event of PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and G-2 (Game-2; two years before PyeongChang 2018 Olympics), Hello PyeongChang Winter Festival will be held from February 4 to 6 around Gangneung Dano Park with various programs including an opening ceremony with performances by K-POP singers, cultural and arts groups, traditional performances themed on Gangwon-do traditional culture, World DJ festival, cultural art performance by EATOF (East Asia Inter-Regional Tourism Forum), and professional arts groups’ performances.
Reservation for the festival is available through the official website. Individual foreign guests are also able to make a reservation for the festival.
In addition to the pre-welcoming ceremony, PyeongChang Connected Test Events will be held with Jeongseon Alpine Ski Contest, PyeongChang Bogwang Snowboard Contest and Pyeongchang Freestyle Ski Contest. Other festivals in Gwangwon-do including PyeongChang Winter Music Festival, (Feb 25-28, Alpensia and Yongpyong), Daegwallyeong Snow Festival (Jan 15-Feb 10, areas of Hoenggye-ri, Daegwallyeong-myeon) and PyeongChang Godeureum Festival (Jan 15-24, Areas of No.2 bridge of Joyanggang River, Jeongseon-eup) will offer more of the winter atmosphere to visitors.
- 1. Olympic Festival
ㅁ Opening Ceremony: Themed performance, opening speech, hallyu (K-POP) concerts, etc.
ㅁ Gangwon-do Tourism Package Exhibition: Display Hall (62), PR Hall (9), Food Stalls (20)
ㅁ Culture/Art Performance
- Professional Choir Orchestra Performances: Gangneung-si Municipal Symphony Orchestra, National Chorus, etc.
- World DJ Festival: February 4-5 (19:00-22:00) at Gangneung Namdaecheon Stream Outdoor Performing Stage
- International Cultural Performances: Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia
ㅁ Gangneung Winter Street Festival: Nongak performance, mask dancing, and more.
2. Pyeongchang Test Event
ㅁ Venue: Alpine Ski Contest, Phoenix Snow·Ski Competition
ㅁ Programs (2016-1st half)
- Jeongseon Alpine Ski Contest: February 6-7, 2016
- Pyeongchang Snowboarding Competition: February 19-21 / February 25-27, 2016
- Pyeongchang Phoenix Free-style Skiing Competition: February 18-20, 2016 / February 26-28, 2016
* Event details are subject to change, please refer to the official website for latest information.
- Performance Times
- General Performance Hour: 13:00-18:00 / DJ Festival: ~22:00
Gangneung: February 4-6, 2016 at Dano Park.
Pyeongchang: February 18-20, 2016 at Phoenix Park.
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 2 hours
- Program Details
- [Opening Ceremony]
- Date/Hour: February 4, 2016 (Thurs) / 13:30-15:00
- Program: Performance, opening speech, K-POP concerts, and more.
(※ Fireworks display is scheduled, details TBA)
[Gangwon-do Representative Tourism Booth]
- Exhibitions, displays on tour programs and food experience, cultural programs and more.
- Diverse range of performances, DJ Festival, EATOF Forum, and more.
- Age Limit
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- [Shuttle Bus]
Shuttle bus is available for visitors. For more information, please visit the official website:www.hellopyeongchang.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- www.hellopyeongchang.com (Korean, English)
www.gogogangwon.com (Korean, English)