VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 12.31.2015 ~ 01.01.2016 Finished
- 56, Seoin-ro, Seo-myeon, Seocheon-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
충청남도 서천군 서면 서인로 56 (마량리)
- Maryangpo Port (마량포구) area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-41-950-4226,
- Sponsors / Management
- Seocheon-gun /
- For sixty days before and after December 22, the sun will rise from the southeast, and a good place to view this beautiful, natural phenomenon is on Korea’s west coast in Maryang-ri. To celebrate this, the Maryangpo Sunrise Festival is held every year. Visitors here will witness a very special miracle of nature, as they will see the sun rising and setting in the same place.
- Performance Times
- December 31 (Thu), 2015 at 16:30 - January 1 (Fri), 2016 at 01:30
- Additional Events
- Sharing of new year tteok-guk (rice cake soup) event
- Campfire experience
- Sending postcards with well-wishes for the new year
- Making a wish at the tree of hope
- Traditional folk game experience
- Making a pinwheel of hope
- Making customized mugs
- 7080 Memory lane photo zone
- Age Limit
- None (Visitors of all ages are welcome)
Take a train from Yongsan Station to Seocheon Station (서천역).
* Train schedule: 05:35-20:35, runs 16 times a day
From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Seocheon (서천).
* Bus Schedule: 06:40-17:15, runs 10 times a day
From Seocheon Bus Terminal, take a local bus bound for Dongbaekjeong (동백정).
Get off at the last stop (Maryangpo Port/ 마량포구).
* Bus Schedule: 06:00-20:00, runs 20 times a day
- en.seocheon.go.kr (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese)