VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 12.23.2016 ~ 01.30.2017
- 3562, Gyeonggang-ro, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 평창군 진부면 경강로 3562 (진부면)
- Odaecheon Stream (오대천) area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-336-4000
- Sponsors / Management
- Pyeongchang Trout Festival Committee /
- The Pyeongchang Trout Festival takes place during winter in the town of Jinbu-myeon in Pyeongchang-gun district. Visitors to the festival can enjoy a variety of programs including ice and lure fishing for trout, snow programs, ice programs, folk programs, and more. There will also be traditional folk games including sledding and top spinning, and visitors can try out sports such as riding 4-wheel ATVs, snow rafting, sleigh trains. Any trout caught from ice fishing and lure fishing can be prepared right away at a nearby restaurant.
Trout farming first started in Pyeongchang due to its cold, clear waters. Trout offer plenty of nutrition, and their natural taste makes them delicious when eaten raw.
- * Ice fishing is only available depending on ice conditions.
* Other facilities excluding the ice fishing site are available to use. Admission to the fishing site is on a first-come-first-served basis; no admission allowed after the determined number of people admitted.
* For more information on the use of ice fishing site, please visit the official website or make a phone inquiry.
Winter game experience
- Performance Times
- December 31, 2016-January 30, 2017
Operating hour: 09:00-17:00
＊Admission to ice-fishing site may not be available depending on weather conditions. Please make a phone-inquiry before visiting.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Ice-fishing 13,000 won / Barehand fishing 15,000 won / Amusement facilities 6,000 won
- Age Limit
- None (Visitors of all ages are welcome)
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Jinbu (진부).
(Intervals: approx. 30-40min)
Odaecheon Stream is a 7-min walk from the Jinbu Bus Terminal.
- festival700.or.kr (Korean only)