VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 01.01.2017 ~ 12.31.2017
- 47, Mareunnae-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 중구 마른내로 47 (초동)
- Myungbo Art Hall, Gaon Hall
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2274-2133
- Sponsors / Management
- Myungbo Art Hall / Drum Cat Entertainment
- Globally-recognized Korean performance, ‘DrumCat Concert' whips people into a frenzy of rhythm and fun!
DrumCat Concert, created in 2003, is an all-female percussion group that has moved into its own exclusive theater just 7 years after its first performance. 2008 was landmark year for DrumCat Concert, as the group received both the ‘2008 Edinburgh Festival Herald Angel’ award and the ‘2008 Scotland Cavalcade Best Unit’ award, the first awards even won by a Korean team at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. At the festival, competing teams were ranked based on their accumulative skill points throughout a number of concerts and other performances. Reporters and audiences members alike were simply stunned by the performance of DrumCat Concert. The group not only continued to play sold-out concerts, but also consistently received high, 5-star ratings from festival judges and critics.
DrumCat Concert has also been a sensational hit at home, receiving the Grand Prize in the ‘2009 Korea Entertainment Awards.’ The DrumCat Concert performance is bursting with unique rhythmical styling and emotional involvement that so often seems to categorize Korea’s most stunning musical performances. The group’s superb skills in high-speed drumming and unique combination of recorded and live sound is a treat for both the eyes and ears.
DrumCat Concert, a world renowned performance, is sure to continue beating its way into the hearts of audiences for ages to come.
- The performance of DrumCat Concert comprises of 5 themes: Sexy, Speedy, Funny, Powerful and Wild. A far cry from traditional drumming, the performance focuses on a modernization of rhythm: combining and reinventing rock, jazz, techno and Latin rhythms into a unique blend of sound. Instead of a basic simple beat, audiences will be floored by the complex, powerful rhythms that pound forth along with the accompanying background soundtrack.
The 5 themes of DrumCat Concert center on the harmonization of femininity, dynamic sound and complementing pre-recorded soundtrack. Even though each part of the show has distinctly different characteristics and emotions, the underlying basis for the entire show is femininity. Throughout the entire show, audiences will find themselves wrapped up in the performance, giving their most to concentrate both visually and auditorily.
- Performance Times
- Monday-Sunday & National Holidays: 17:00, 20:00
* No performances on Wednesdays
- Admission/Participation Fees
- R seat: 50,000 won
S seat: 40,000 won
- Duration of Performance
- 70 minutes
- Age Limit
- Must be at least 48 months of age
- Ticket Reservations
- Interpark +82-2-1544-1555
Euljiro 3(sam)-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, 3), Exit 8.
Go straight for 1min to arrive at Myungbo Art Hall.
Chungmuro Station (Seoul Subway Line 3, 4), Exit 7.
Go straight for 5min. Myungbo Art Hall is at the next 4-way intersection.
(Korean, English, Japanese)