VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.13.2016 ~ 10.16.2016 Finished
- 6-3, Minsongmaeul-gil, Sunchang-gun, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 순창군 순창읍 민속마을길 6-3 (순창읍)
- Sunchang Traditional Red Pepper Paste Folk Village (순창 전통고추장민속마을), Sunchang-eup area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-650-1611
- Sponsors / Management
- Sunchang Fermented Soybean Festival Committee /
- The Sunchang Fermented Sauce Festival is held every fall at Sunchang, a city of health and longevity. Sunchang hot pepper sauce, which used to be presented to the royal family in the Joseon Dynasty, is believed to have many health benefits, such as being beneficial in preventing cancer and obesity. As people have gotten more interested in their health and well-being, hot sauce has become an even greater part of the Korean diet.
The venue of the festival is Hot Sauce Folk Village, a mecca of Sunchang Hot Sauce. There are a range of programs, including celebrity performances, percussion performances, madangnori, and making traditional hot sauce. Other events include Sunchang Specialty Exhibition (e.g. vegetables fermented in hot sauce, bokbunja liquor), Children’s Painting Contest, and photo exhibits. The festival’s crowning glory is the Sunchang traditional hot sauce competition, a must-see event.
Jeonju to Sunchang: 6:30-20:30, every 30 mins
Gwangju to Sunchang:
6:00-21:30, every 30 mins
Namwon to Sunchang: 6:55-22:25, every 30 mins
Central City Bus Terminal,
take an intercity bus to Sunchang.
Seoul to Sunchang: 09:30, 10:30, 13:30
14:45 16:10 / Travel time: 3 hours 30 min
Sunchang to Seoul: 08:10,
09:30, 10:30, 14:30, 15:30
Incheon-Damyang-Sunchang: 10:00, 15:10 /
Travel time: 5 hours
Sunchang-Damyang-Incheon: 8:20, 15:40
From Sunchang Bus Terminal, take
a local bus or a taxi to Gochujang Village
- jangfestival.co.kr (Korean only)