- * Festival for 2020 canceled to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- 10.16.2020 ~ 10.18.2020 Finished
- 6-3, Minsongmaeul-gil, Sunchang-gun, Jeollabuk-do
- Area of Sunchang Gochujang Village
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-652-9301,
- Sponsors / Management
- Sunchang-gun / Sunchang Fermented Food Festival Committee
- Sunchang Fermented Food Festival is held every fall at Sunchang, a city of health and longevity. The city is known for its gochujang (hot pepper paste), which used to be presented to the royal family during the Joseon dynasty. Gochujang and fermented foods are believed to have many health benefits, such as being beneficial in preventing cancer and obesity. As people are becoming more aware of their health and well-being, fermented foods have become an even greater part of the Korean diet. The festival offers a range of programs including performances, competitions, exhibitions, and experience programs.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (Fees may apply to programs)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Seoul Central City Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Sunchang Bus Terminal.
From Sunchang Bus Terminal, take a local bus or a taxi to Gochujang Village.
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.