VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 09.29.2016 ~ 10.02.2016 Finished
- 151, Hanjigongwon-gil, Wonju-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 원주시 한지공원길 151 (무실동)
- Gangwon-do Wonju-si Hanji Theme Park area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-734-4739
- Sponsors / Management
- Wonju Hanji Development Institute / Wonju Hanji Festival Organizing Committee
- The main theme of Wonju Hanji Festival is “Hanji - embracing our wisdom and beauty as a wonderful cultural heritage” and the festival offers varied programs related to hanji, such as the history and making process, various uses, hanji arts and more. An exhibition of hanji art by international artists is on display. In addition, various hands-on programs such as making hanji, hanji handcrafts, playing activity with hanji, and night performances are prepared to entertain and educate visitors at the festival.
- Special event: Hanji Fashion show
Exhibitions: Special Exhibitions, History of Hanji
Hands-on Events: Five colors of Hanji Making, Hanji Daily Supplies, Dackjongie paper Making, etc.
Performance events: Opening concert, Concerts Ensemble, orchestras, Fringe Festival
Others: Academic conference events and contests
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Adult 2,000 won / Youth & elementary student 1,000 won
Dak paper doll contest participation fees: 15,000 won
Experience program participation fees: 3,000 won - 8,000 won
- Additional Events
- Arts Flea Market
Hanji Slow mailbox
Hanji Wishing Paper
Origami paper craft
Food Madang yard
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal,
take an intercity bus bound for Wonju.
From Wonju Intercity Bus Terminal,
take a taxi to Hanji Theme Park.
(Operating hour 06:00 ~ 21:10, runs
every 10 minutes, travel time: 1 hour 40 minute)
Take bus 2-1 at the bus stop
located across from Wonju Intercity Bus Terminal.
Get off at Youth Center
(청소년수련관). Walk 10min toward Hanji Theme Park.
※ During the
festival, shuttle bus is running every 15 minutes.
(Operating hour 10:00
~ 18:00, Tatto Stadium → Intercity Bus Terminal → Wonju City
Hall → Expo venue)
※ Parking is available at Tatto stadium parking
lot or City Hall parking lot.
- www.wjhanji.co.kr (Korean only)