VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.24.2015 ~ 05.17.2015 Finished
- 7, Silleuksa-gil, Yeoju-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 여주시 신륵사길 7 (천송동)
- Yeoju Dojasesang
(Silleuksa Temple site area)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-887-2282~4 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeoju-gun, Yeoju Ceramic Festival Promotion Committee /
- Yeoju has been producing ceramics ever since the early Goryeo period (AD 918-1392), and through the production of high-quality Goryeongto (Kaolin) and Baekto (white clay), it played an integral role in the development of the early ceramic industry.
Yeoju laid the foundations for becoming a major ceramic city by hosting the World Ceramics Expo in 2001. And since hosting the World Ceramics Biennale in 2003 and 2005, it is now internationally recognized as a world center for ceramics.
in May 1990,
the Yeoju Ceramic Festival is held every year to promote the excellence of its ceramics both nationwide and abroad. As the first and best ceramic festival in Korea, the festival exhibits unique, high quality ceramic artwork and products.
At the festival, you can see works of art by ceramics masters and buy a variety of ceramic products at discounted prices.
- ※ 2014's event postponed to to held in October due to Sewol-ho ferry accident.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Program Details
- Treading on clay - Free
Pottery making - Free
Pottery wheel experience - Free
Fishing using mug cups - 3,000 won
Ceramic picture frame making - 10,000 won (inclusive of the frame)
Ceramic porcelain painting - 6,000 won
12 Chinese zodiac dolls painting - 5,000 won
※ Programs are subject to change. To inquire more, call +82-31-588-5713
- From Dong
Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Yeoju Terminal.
* Bus Schedule:
From Yeoju Bus Terminal, take
a local bus (bound for Silleuksa Temple) or a taxi to the festival venue. (Travel
- www.yeojuceramic.com (Korean only)