VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.01.2016 ~ 04.03.2016
- Maekjeon-gil, Hadong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 하동군 화개면 맥전길
- Hwagae-myeon, Hadong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-883-5715 (Hwagae-myeon Youth Group)
+82-1588-3186 (Tourism Information Center)
- When April arrives, the Hwagae region looks as if it is carpeted in snow. In fact, it is the beautiful white flowers of the regions’ numerous cherry blossom trees that transform the landscape into a soft downy wonderland. One of the most popular attractions of the festival is ‘The 10ri Cherry Blossom Road’ (ri is the traditional Korean measurement unit, and 10ri equals approximately 4km). It is also known as ‘marriage road’, as it is said that if lovers walk down this road while holding hands, they will get married and stay happily together forever.
Apart from the stunning beauty of the cherry blossoms, there is also an exciting series of seasonal programs and cultural events for guests to enjoy. Nearby attractions include the historic Hwagae Market and numerous restaurants serving the province’s traditional cuisines such as Euneo-hoe (sliced raw sweetfish) and Chamge-tang (king crab broth).
* The event date is subject to change due to temperature change.
From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Hadong (하동).
* Bus Schedule: 06:30, 08:00, 09:30, 11:30, 13:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30, 22:00
- Get off at Hwagae Terminal (화계터미널).
- Cross the Hwagaegyo Bridge, and go 100m forward to arrive at Hwagae Market.
- toureng.hadong.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)