- 10.21.2020 ~ 10.25.2020
- 1, Moyangseong-ro, Gochang-gun, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 고창군 고창읍 모양성로 1
- Gochangeupseong Fortress
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-560-2949
- Sponsors / Management
- Moyang Fortress Preservation Society / Social organizations of Gochang
- Gochang Moyang Fortress Festival has been held since 1973 to inspire patriotism to the ancestors who made great efforts in building the fortress, develop local culture, and encourage love and pride for Gochang residents. Main events include a celebration and memorial ceremony, with additional events ranging from a pansori performance and farming music to folk games and archery. Many people participate in the Dapseongdori event, where you carry a rock on top of your head and walk around the fortress three times. Doing this is said to cure all illnesses, grant you a long and healthy life, and allow you into heaven when you die.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free admission (* Fees vary by program)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- [Express/Intercity Bus]
From Seoul Central City Bus Terminal, take an express bus to Gochang Bus Terminal.
From Gochang Bus Terminal, walk for approx. 15 min.
- www.gochang.go.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.