VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 123, Meodeu-ro, Boryeong-si, Chungcheongnam-do
충청남도 보령시 머드로 123 (신흑동)
- Daecheon Beach area (Mud square)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-41-930-3882
- Sponsors / Management
- Boryeong Mud Festival Festival Organizing Committee / Boryeong-si
- Of the numerous festivals in Korea, it is the Boryeong Mud Festival that probably attracts the largest number of international visitors.
During the festival period, tourists flock to the area to experience the beneficial properties of the Boryeong mud, and also to have lots of fun. Fully immersed in the both the mud and the festival’s great atmosphere, visitors enjoy mud wrestling, mud sliding and even swimming in the mud mega tub. Visitors feeling particularly energetic can try the marine mud-training course, whilst those looking for something more chilled can relax in the mud massage zone. In the evening, music and fireworks continue the party on the beach.
- [Experience Events]
- Mud Game
- Mud obstacle Marathon
- Mud baths & Massages
- Mud Slide
- Mud Kids Land
- Opening & Closing Ceremony
- Air Force Band Concert
- World Beauty Mud Festival
- Boryeong citizens Music Concerts
- Mud-time Character Performances
- Citizens Tower Square Open Concert
- Traditional rhythm of Korea, Pungmul
- Mud yacht and Mud parade
- Air Force Black Eagles Air Show
- Boryeong Mud Festival Photo Exhibition
- Boryeong specialties, crafts sales Exihibition
- Mud cosmetics, festive Character Goods & sales exhibition
*Program details are subject to change and vary each year. Find more information at the official webpage.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free hands-on activity site & Paid hands-on activity site
[Paid hands-on activity fare]
Adults: 10,000 won for one-day pass
Teenagers: 8,000 won for one-day pass
* Groups: 9,000 won for one-day pass
* Families: 7,000 won for one-day pass
Seniors (ages 65 and over), babies (ages 3 and under, must be accompanied by an adult), people with disabilities plus one guardian, etc. (proof required)
- Age Limit
- All ages
Central City Bus Terminal, take an express bus to Boryeong (보령).
Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Daecheon Beach. (10min intervals)
Yongsan Station or Yeongdeungpo Station, take a train to Daecheon Station.
Daecheon Station, take a local bus bound for Daecheon Beach.
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)