- 01.27.2020 ~ 02.16.2020 Finished
- 137, Sancheoneo-gil, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 화천군 화천읍 산천어길 137
- Areas around Hwacheoncheon Stream & Hwacheon-gun
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-1688-3005
- Sponsors / Management
- Hwacheon-gun / Nara Foundation
- Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival takes place in Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do with plenty of snow and ice, perfect for a winter getaway. Since 2003, the festival has been visited by more than a million people, attesting to the festival's charm. Various festival programs include ice-fishing, ice sledding, bobsled, and more are available.
The main event of the festival, ice fishing, takes place on the frozen Hwacheoncheon Stream. Ice fishing is only possible when the stream has frozen to at least 2 meters thick, although the water is clear enough to see the bottom of the stream. In order for all guests to enjoy the fun and unique experience of ice fishing, thousands of sancheoneo (ice trout) are released into the stream every day of the festival.
[Reference for facility safe use]
- Safety devices prepared
- Medical Center in operation
- 119 Safety Center is located nearby.
- [Fishing Experience]
- Trout ice fishing, lure fishing, bare-handed fishing
- Fishing zone for foreigners
- Fishing zone for Infants and children
[ Snow / Ice Experience]
- Snow sledding, Ice sledding, creative sleigh
- Elgomi Castle, Elgomi Bike
- Ice soccer, Bobsleigh
- Fun rides, etc.
- Open Courtyard
- Creative Sleigh Contest
- Winter Village
- Salmon Bokbulbok Events
- Special days including "The Day of Angels" & "The day of military bases"
[Town / Other events]
- Seondeung Street, Seondeung Street Performances
- Indoor Ice Sculpture Square
- West Volcano's Ice Wall Photo Zone
- Salmon Craft Studio
- Coffee Museum
- Hwacheon Ecological Film Center
- Convenience facilities / Safety Experience Zone
(Information Center, fireplace resting area, Disaster Relief, Emergency centers)
- Food / Things to Buy
(Official Food Street, Grilled & raw fish restaurants, Agricultural Specialty Product Market, etc.)
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Please see the official festival website for details.
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Hwacheon.
Walk for approx. 10 min to Hwacheoncheon Stream and the festival grounds.
- www.narafestival.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.