VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 07.14.2016 ~ 07.19.2016 Finished
- 1482, Museol-ro, Muju-gun, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 무주군 설천면 무설로 1482 (설천면)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-63-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-250-8350 (Korean only)
- Sponsors / Management
- Jeollabuk-do, Muju-gun, Korea Taekwondo Association, Taekwondo Promotion Foundation / World Taekwondo Culture Expo Organizing Committee, Jeollabuk-do Taekwondo Association
- The World Taekwondo Culture Expo takes place in Taekwondo's
foundational city: Muju in Jeollabuk-do. Every year, about 2,000 athletes from 31 different countries participate in various seminars and competitions at the six-day expo.
International athletes will
also have a chance to learn about the culture of Jeollabuk-do and Korea through touring the host cities. Registration is required for participation in the expo.
Day 1 (July 14): Taekwondo team arrival and registration
Day 2 (July 15): Representative meeting, taekwondo seminar (poomsae, gyeorugi), leader’s poomsae seminar, team talent show, welcome meal with participating leaders, tourism (Bandi Land, wine cave, etc.)
Day 3 (July 16): Opening ceremony, celebratory performance, welcoming lunch, A-Match Poomsae competition, silver taekwondo invitation performance, cultural experience (Korean traditional costume, folk game, folk performance, etc.)
Day 4 (July 17): Gyeorugi competition, A-Match Gyeorugi competition, cultural experience (Korean traditional costume, folk game, folk performance, etc.)
Day 5 (July 18): Taekwondo demonstration competition, award ceremony, closing ceremony, farewell ceremony, cultural exploration (Jeonju Hanok Village, Saemangeum seawall, etc.)
Day 6 (July 19): Departure
- Areas in Muju-gun: Taekwondowon, Wine Tunnel, Jeoksangsan Mountain, Bandi Land, Mujugucheon-dong, etc.
- Areas in Jeollabuk-do: Jeonju Hanok Village, Jeondong Catholic Cathedral, traditional market, Saemangeum seawall, Gyeokpo beach, etc.
- Program Details
- Opening ceremony, welcoming banquet, Taekwon performance, seminar, Taekwondo competition, cultural tourism, closing ceremony, farewell ceremony, etc.
- How to Particpate
- [How to apply]
- Application period: May 2-30, 2016
- Application fee: $350 per person
- First 700 applicants - accommodations at Taekwondowon
- Next 700 applicants - accomodations at pensions or condominium
- Registration: Through email, fax, or posted mail (The World Taekwondo Culture EXPO Organizing Committee / 4F 405, Jeollabuk-do Sports Council, Deulsapyeongro 62. Deokjin-gu, Jeonju City, Jeollabuk-do, Korea (Zip code: 561-810)
- Inquiry: +82-63-250-8350 / Fax: +82-63-278-7024 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodations: Planned to offer Taekwondowon, resort, motel and pension
- Included: Accommodations, meal, transport vehicle, gift, participation certificate, Muju tour, etc.
* Detailed information is available on the website.
- www.wtcexpo.net (Korean, English)