- 10.24.2019 ~ 10.27.2019 Finished
- 226-2beonji, Nammun-ri, Yangyang-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 양양군 양양읍 남문리 226-2번지 (양양읍)
- Namdaecheon Stream area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-670-2724
- Sponsors / Management
- Yangyang-gun / Yangyang-gun Festival Organizing Committee
- Namdaecheon Stream begins from Odaesan Mountain, Buyeon-dong Valley, gaining size and strength as it nears Eoseongjeolli in Hyeonbuk-myeon before reaching the East Sea. Salmon that were spawned in Namdaecheon Stream swim to the East Sea to grow for three to five years in the Bering Sea before returning to Namdaecheon Stream between late October and November.
The Salmon Festival in Yangyang began as a salmon-fishing contest in mid-November 1996, and has been held as Yangyang-gun’s festival since 1997. Every year, it offers a variety of salmon-related events and attracts a large crowd of people eager to fish for salmon.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Catch the Golden Salmon Event - 30,000 won
* 15,000 won gift certificate will be givent to participants who fail to catch the golden salmon.
Bare-handed Salmon Fishing - Adults 30,000 won / Children 25,000 won
* 5,000 won gift certificate will be handed out to all participants
- From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal
-Take an intercity bus to Yangyang Intercity Bus Terminal.
(travel time: 2 hr 50 min)
-The festival venue is located about 600 m from the terminal.
- festival.yangyang.go.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.