VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.07.2015 ~ 10.11.2015 Finished
- 29, Sallimgongwon 1-gil, Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 홍천군 홍천읍 산림공원1길 29 (홍천읍)
- Hongcheon Tori Forest Park
Gangwon Ginseng Agricultural Cooperative Association, Open square area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-435-4350
- Sponsors / Management
- Hongcheon-gun / Hongcheon-gun Festival Committee, Gangwon Insam (Ginseng) Nonghyup, Hongcheon Chukhyeop
- Hongcheon Ginseng Hanu Myeongpum Festival is held annually in early October in the city of Hongcheon. The natural clean air and water help this area to have excellent quality ginseng and hanu (Korean beef), for which it is famous. Inside the festival venue is a self-serve restaurant for visitors to try Hongcheon hanu, and visitors can also purchase six-year aged ginseng at a discounted price. In addition, Hongcheon Narakkot Mugunghwa Festival is held at the same period, giving tourists the chance to partake in diverse programs. Nearby attractions include Hongcheon Gingko tree forest, opened only for a short time each year in early October and selected as the best area for healing.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free admission / Fees may apply to some activities.
- Additional Events
- Narakkot Mugunghwa Festival, adult physical exercise, traditional pungmul market, hanmadeum concert, etc.
- Program Details
- Hanu self-serve restaurant, ginseng market, ginseng auction, folk food market, etc.
From Central City Terminal, take an intercity bus to Hongcheon Bus Terminal.
- From Hongcheon Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 11.
- Get off at Dongmyeon Entrance Bus Stop (4 bus stops).
- Take the road to the right and cross the bridge.
- The festival is in the park across the river to the right.