- 10.05.2018 ~ 10.09.2018
- 47, Munhwacheyuk-ro, Hoengseong-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 횡성군 횡성읍 문화체육로 47
- Area round Seomgang River in Hoengseong-eup (횡성읍 섬강 둔치일원)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-1522-1099
- Sponsors / Management
- Hoengseong Culture Foundation / Hoengseong Culture Foundation
- Every year, Hanu (Korean native cattle) Festival takes places in Hoengseong County, where the climate and the environment are said to be perfect for raising cattle. The festival attracts a large number of people, who come to try the usually expensive Hoengseong hanu beef at affordable prices, along with another specialty of Hoengseong County, deodeok (mountain bellflower). In addition to food sampling, the festival holds diverse agriculture experience programs, while offering access to nearby attractions such as Hoengseong Hot Springs and Jucheongang River Natural Forest Lodge.
- [Main Events]
- Food: Self-restaurant, food related to Hanu (Korean beef), local alcohol which goes well with local specialty products
- Hanu Culture: Hanu-themed hall, Hanu playground, Hanu souvenir, Hanu sampling, etc.
- Regional Promotion Program: Agricultural product and specialty product exhibition and sales, hall of Hoengseong-gun, culture exchange hall with overseas local government, etc.
- Joyful Program: Hanu parade, masked ball, wearing a hanbok, LED roses, night lighting festival, stamp tour, children’s playground, fireworks, walking competition, celebrating performance, etc.
- Admission/Participation Fees
Take an express bus to Wonju Intercity Bus Terminal.
Upon exiting the terminal, take Bus 2 bound for Hoengseong.
Get off at Hoengseong Chukhyeop 4-way Intersection (횡성축협사거리).
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.