- 09.24.2020 ~ 09.27.2020
- 11, Jungang-ro, Yeongdong-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do
충청북도 영동군 영동읍 중앙로 11
- Area of Yeongdongcheon Stream
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-43-745-8912
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeongdong Festival Tourism Foundation / Yeongdong Festival Tourism Foundation, Nangye Commemorative Conference
- Yeongdong, the hometown of Joseon dynasty’s gugak (traditional music) virtuoso Park Yeon, is regarded as the center of traditional Korean music. Every year, the Yeongdong Nangye Korea Traditional Music Festival, named after Park’s pen name, Nangye, is held in the area. In addition to featuring various exhibitions and experience programs centered on traditional Korean music, the Yeongdong Nangye Traditional Music Festival offers various events including Eoga Parade, Jongmyojerye Ritual, and other traditional music performances, local food, making and playing traditional musical instrument in order to offer the chance at connecting through gugak (traditional Korean music). Also, Yeongdong Wine Festival is held at the same time.
- - Drum-striking ceremony
- Nangye Street Parade
- Eoga Haengyeol (royal parade)
- Royal ancestral rites
- Hands-on program
* Programs and schedule subject to change
- Performance Times
- 10:00 - 22:00
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (separate fees may apply to programs)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
Take a train to Yeongdong Station.
Walk approx. 10 min to Yeongdongcheon Stream.
* Nangye Traditional Music Instrument Experience and Inheritance Hall, Nangye Traditional Music Center, and Nangye Traditional Music Instrument Manufacturing Village are located within a short walking distance of Yeongdongcheon Stream.
- www.ydft.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.