VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 196-31, Namsadang-ro, Bogae-myeon, Anseong-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 안성시 보개면 남사당로 196-31 (보개면)
- Stage in Anseong Namsadang
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-678-2518
- Baudeogi made history by becoming the first female entertainer in Korea to lead the vaudeville troupe Namsadangpae. Armed with her artistic personality and an array of special talents, Baudeogi entertained the construction workers working on Gyeongbokgung Palace in the 19th century with popular folk performances. In recent years, Namsadang’s Jeonsugwan was recreated to share the indomitable spirit and artistic talents of Baudeogi with the people of today.
The reformatted performance is comprised of six exciting acts of Namsadang: Salpan (a tumbling performance), Deolmi (a puppet show), Deotboegi (a mask show), Pungmulnori (a traditional folk dance), Beonanori (spinning hoops and dishes), and Eoreum Jultagi (tightrope walking). Much like in the olden days, the show embodies the spirit of coming together and is a fascinating and energetic display of folk art that is as captivating the first time you see it as it is the hundredth.
Major Highlights: The most popular portion of the program is the tightrope walking act called “Eoreum Jultagi,” which starts with audiences breathlessly watching the risky tricks upon the rope and ends with thunderous rounds of applause.
Pyeongyang Art Troupe Opening Performance: 16:00-16:20
- Tight Rope Walking
Namsadang Performance: 16:20-18:00 (General Show)
Pyeongyang Art Troupe Opening Performance: 14:00-14:20
- Tight Rope Walking
Namsadong Performance: 14:20-16:00 (General Show)
- Performance Times
- March 26 - November 26, 2016 (Every Saturday & Sunday / 16:00~18:00)
- Duration of Performance
- 2 hours
- Age Limit
- Ages 6 or older
- From Anseong Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Namsadang. (4km)