- 198-2, Namsadang-ro, Anseong-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 안성시 보개면 남사당로 198-2
- Anseong Namsadang Performance Site
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-678-2518
- Sponsors / Management
- Anseong-si /
- Namsadang refers to performance troupes which started during the late Joseon period (1392-1910). At the time, Namsadang troupes traveled throughout villages, entertaining the people with traditional performances such as pungmulnori, tightrope walking, and more. Regular Namsadang performances in Anseong first began to commemorate Anseong Namsadang, known to be the best of all Namsadang troupes, and the troupe's leader, Baudeogi.
- Regular performances combine the troupe's six main stages (pungmulnori, jultagi, salpan, beona, deolmi, and deotboegi) with a storyline based on modern times.
- Plot is based on the life of Baudeogi, the first female to become the leader of Namsadang troupe.
- Performance Times
- Saturdays 16:00-18:00 / Sundays 14:00-16:00
No performances on August 3-4, 2018
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Adults 10,000 won / Middle & high school students 5,000 won / Children 2,000 won
- Duration of Performance
- 2 hours
- Program Details
Exciting performance using percussion instruments and body movements.
Plate juggling and spinning using long sticks or poles.
Clown and salpansoe (tumbler) performs various acrobatics while exchanging jokes.
TIghtrope walking performance.
A form of mask dance derived from the name deotboegi, which can be translated into "see with a mask on."
Traditional Korean puppet show.
- Discount Information
- Senior citizens (65 years or over)
Groups of 20 people or more
- Age Limit
- Ages 6 or older
- From Anseong Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Namsadang. (4km)
- www.anseong.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.