- 10.26.2018 ~ 10.27.2018 Finished
- 30, Yangnyeongjungang-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 동대문구 약령중앙로 30 일대 약령시
- Streets of Seoul Yangnyeongsi Herb Medicine Market
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-969-4793 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Seoul Yangnyeongsi Association /
- The Herb Medicine Festival has been held every October in Yangnyeong-si, the largest herbal medicine marketplace in Seoul. The festival celebrates the history and effectiveness of the nation's traditional herb medicine as well as promote Seoul’s Yangnyeong-si market worldwide.
During the festival, a wide variety of events will be held, including activity programs such as an herb slicing contest and writing, cooking, and singing contests. Other highlights on the festival calendar include traditional performances and a taekwondo demonstration. Visitors can also enjoy free herbal tea, food, and rice cakes and will be able to buy a variety of herbs at low prices.
Perhaps the most anticipated events of the festival are the free herbal medical diagnoses and treatments, which are on offer for Korean and international visitors. This is a good opportunity for you to check your body condition and experience the benefits of oriental medicine.
- - Bojewon ritual service
- Opening ceremony & Oriental Medicine Promotion Center Opening
- TBS special public broadcasting
- Oriental medicine kimchi making
- Oriental medicine wild vegetable bibimbap
- Citizen’s singing contest
- Ssireum competition (Korean wrestling)
- Madanggeuk (a play infused with traditional music and performances)
- Jegi Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 2.
- Yongdu Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 2.
1) Jegi-dong Yangnyeong Market Bus Stop
- Bus No. 1212, 2223, 3200, 421
2) Jegi Station, Yangnyeongsi Bus Stop
- Bus No. N13, N26, 105, 147, 201, 202, 241A, 241B, 260, 261, 262, 270,
271, 272, 420, 421, 720, 2221, 2223
3) Gyeongdong Market Bus Stop
- Bus No. 110A, 120, 121, 130, 141, 148, 1212, 2222, 3200
- www.seoulya.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.