VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.20.2016 ~ 10.23.2016 Finished
- 62-2, Geojinhang 1-gil, Goseong-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 고성군 거진읍 거진항1길 62-2 일원
- Geojinhang Port
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info:+82-33-682-8008,
- Sponsors / Management
- Goseong-gun / Goseong Pollack and Sea Festival Committee
- To ensure a good haul and community prosperity, this festival is held at Geojinhang Port, known as the primary place of Pollack fish in Korea. The festival includes numerous hands-on events such as a sea festival, a cultural festival, and a local culture experience.
The festival has helped the city to promote their local seafood, farm products and other specialties, thus contributing to the growth of the local economy.
- Official Events
- Ritual ceremony and ritual for a big catch of Myeongtae
- Pre-ceremony performance and opening/closing ceremony
- Celebratory performance and fireworks
- Army/Navy band performance
- 7080 Concert with Goseong Myeongtae
- Singing contest
- Myeongtae tuho (throwing myeongtae), weighting myeongtae, myeongtae-gui hanmadang
- Myeongtae roulette event, myeongtae auction experience, eating dishes made with myeongtae, etc.
- Experience of port culture and maritime experience
- Catching live fish bare-handed
- Air kids land
- Promotional hall and tour
- Sampling Goseong’s representative dish
- Fishery and dried fish market
- Regional specialty products market
- Goseong Myeongtae market
- From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal (Gangbyeon Station, Seoul Subway Line 2), take a bus for Daejin.
On the way to Daejin, the bus will make a stop at Ganseong-eup.
The whole Geojinhang Port, where the bus stops, is used as the festival venue.
- myeongtae.com (Korean only)