- 04.27.2018 ~ 04.29.2018 Finished
- 8, Deokpohari 2-gil, Yeongwol-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 영월군 영월읍 덕포하리2길 8
- Jangneung Royal Tomb, Donggang River area, etc.
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-375-6353
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeongwol-gun / Yeong Wol Cultural Foundation
- The Danjong Culture Festival, a major festival of Yeongwol-gun in Gangwon-do, is held around the Jangneung Tomb area. The festival is a historic cultural event held annually since 1967 in memory of King Danjong (the 6th monarch of the Joseon Dynasty) and his loyal subjects. It was originally called Danjongje and was renamed to Danjong Culture Festival in 1990. In the beginning, it was held for three days starting on the day before Hansik Day, which is April 5 by the Gregorian calendar, except in leap years (the 105th day after Dongji). Since this date changes every year, it was later decided that the festival should be held from the last Friday of April instead.
- [Traditional cultural events]
- Danjong Jehyang
- Reappearance of Director of the Joseon Dynasty
- Queen Jeongsun contest
- Kudzu Root Tug of war night
- Baesikdansa Jehyang
- Ceremonies in remembrance of three loyalists for King Danjong
- Traditional wedding experience
- Fashion show featuring royal costumes
- Folk Contest
- Counties & Tourists unity ceremony
- Hall artistes performing
- Various family experience events
- Robot performance and drone exhibition & experience
- Traditional Food, Night Market, Food Village, etc.
* Program details are subject to change and vary each year. Find more information at the official webpage.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (Separate fees may apply to programs)
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
From Seoul Express Terminal, take intercity bus to Yeongwol Terminal.
Yeongwol Intercity Bus Terminal, take a local bus or a taxi to the venue.
- danjong.co.kr (Only Korean)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.