- 04.06.2018 ~ 04.30.2018 Finished
- 3992-8, Samcheok-ro, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 삼척시 근덕면 삼척로 3992-8 (근덕면)
- Areas of Yuchae (canola) flower field at Samcheok-ro, Geundeok-myeon, Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-570-3382
- Sponsors / Management
- Samcheok Maengbang Canola Flower Festival Committee /
- The Maengbang Flower Festival is one of the landmark spring celebrations in Korea and is held every April near Samcheok in Gangwon-do. The festival boasts a breathtaking view of canola flowers, cherry blossoms and the blue sea of the East Coast. The festival also offers a diverse set of events and programs including a local produce market, fresh strawberry picking, and exhibition on canola flowers and bees. The Samcheok Tourist Center will also be at the festival to help any tourists to the area visit the variety of tourist attractions nearby such as Haesindang Park, New Millennium Ocean Road, Wife of King Suro Park, and the filming place for “One Fine Spring Day.”
* Festival period is subject to change according to the blooming season. Please make a phone-inquiry before visiting.
- [Permanent Events]
- Sale of agricultural and specialty products, local food market, canola flower and photo exhibition for public promotion
- Bike hiking walking contest with canola flower, MBC radio open broadcast, special stage (cheerleading performance)
- Making magic balloon, bubble, face-painting, nail art, agricultural product sampling, caricature, making strawberry cookie, making rice cake with canola flower, street performance, etc.
- Performance Times
- April 6-30, 2018 * Festival dates subject to change depending on bloom period. Please make an inquiry in advance.
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Samcheok.
From Samcheok Express Bus Terminal, go left for 50m towards the four-way intersection.
-Cross the street and then turn left towards Samcheok Harbor.
-Go straight 100m to Gangnam Orthopedic Hospital.
-Take Bus 24 at the bus stop to the left of the hospital building.
-Get off at Hamaengbang-ri Bus Stop to arrive at the festival venue.
- tour.samcheok.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.