- 07.26.2019 ~ 07.30.2019
- 715, Olympic-ro, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 평창군 대관령면 올림픽로 715
- Yongpyong Dome
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-3469-0192
- Sponsors / Management
- Kukkiwon, Pyeongchang-gun / Taekwondo Hanmadang Organization Committee
- The World Taekwondo Hanmadang is the global Taekwondo headquarters annual gathering, and presents the true essence of Taekwondo's elements, including attacks, demonstrations, and self defense. Every year, an international Taekwondo competition is held in order to manifest the spirit of this martial art and to increase the unity of global Taekwondo martial artists. Since its first opening in 1992, the competition has become known as the world's leading authority for the tradition of Taekwondo.
Through the World Taekwondo Hanmadang, participants can enhance the value of Taekwondo as a cultural consciousness, and also act as an instrument through which the superiority of Taekwondo's culture can be spread globally. In particular, it functions as an international Taekwondo instructional festival for those not well-versed in its practices, and through the tourism programs offered for international Taekwondo practitioners to visit the martial art's home country and headquarters, the event will serve as a commercializing opportunity to propel the spirit of Taekwondo further. With over 50 nations and over 5,000 attendees annually, in addition to the actual sparring events, through its display of poomsae, attacks, self defense, and Taekwondo gymnastics, it is making its mark as an international Taekwondo festival that highlights the elegant and sophisticated elements of this ancient martial art.
- 59 Domestic & 54 overseas events in 12 categories
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Admission: Free
Participation: Fees vary; refer to website to apply
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- How to Particpate
- * Detailed information is available on the website: hanmadang.kukkiwon.or.kr
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- hanmadang.kukkiwon.or.kr (Korean, English)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.