VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 11.06.2015 ~ 11.08.2015 Finished
- 110, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 중구 세종대로 110 (태평로1가)
- Areas of Seoul Plaza
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2133-0900
- Sponsors / Management
- Seoul-si /
- Seoul Kimchi Making & Sharing Festival is held in the area of Gwanghwamun Square. Registered as one of UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, Gimjang (preparing kimchi for the winter) has drawn a lot of attention from all over the world. However, the culture of gimjang is slowly disappearing, as Korean culture becomes more globalized. Seoul goverment has planned this festival to revitalize the culture of gimjang, preparing almost 20 programs divided into the 5 sections of sharing, exhibition, hands-on programs, market place and food, and culture for visitors to enjoy the festival to the fullest.
- Kimchi industry Exhibition, Kimchi ingredients sales booth, fermented food exhibition, symposium
Opening ceremony, making kimchi, food, cultural experiences and more.
- Admission/Participation Fees
* Participation fee charged for certain programs.
- Additional Events
- Sharing, experience, performance, exhibition, etc.
- Program Details
- [Big 4 Programs]
- Big Share
- Big Tent
- Big Play
- Big Table
Kimchi Imagine Playground, Hanbok-wearing day, Play with Kimchi, Playing car
Kimchi-related performance, Citizens’ performance
Kimchi market, Kimchi material market, food market
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages