- 01.02.2018 ~ 12.30.2018
- 54, Jong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 종로 54 (관철동)
- Area around Bosingak Belfry in Jong-ro, Jongno-gu.
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-120,
- Sponsors / Management
- Culture Headquarters of the Seoul Metropolitan Government (History & Cultural Heritage Division) /
- The Culture Headquarters of the Seoul Metropolitan Government (History & Cultural Heritage Division) has been holding the “Bosingak Bell-Ringing Ceremony” since November 21, 2006. The program takes place at noon daily (except Mondays) and gives locals and international visitors an opportunity to experience ringing the bell.
- Changing of the guards ceremony, photo zone, guided tour, bell-ringing experience, traditional outfit exprience, etc.
- Performance Times
- Closed Mondays, March 1, August 15, during bell-ringing ceremonies and other official events
- Closed during extreme hot and cold seasons
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 30 min.
- Program Details
- Traditional Outfit Experience: Visitors can try on traditional outfits, take pictures and participate in ringing the bell.
Bosingak Bell-Ringing Experience: Visitors can register for a free bell-ringing experience at the second floor of Bosingak starting from 11:40 am.
“Make a Wish”: Visitors are given time to make a wish at the strike of 12th bell ring at noon while laying their hands on the bell.
- How to Particpate
- Regular program:
Bosingak Bell-Ringing Experience: 11:00-12:20
- Hands-on experience program for foreigners offered on Tuesdays.
- Not available on Mondays, Independence Movement Day (March 1), Liberation Day (August 15),
New Year’s Eve for bell-ringing ceremony, extreme heat season (August 4 – 6, 2015)
and cold spell season.
*Foreign visitors may participate in the program on Tuesdays (onsite registration).
*Inquiries : Dasan Call Center +82-120 / Bosingak Bell Administration Office +82-2-2148-4169
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
Jonggak Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 4.
The belfry is located right outside
of the exit.
- culture.seoul.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.