VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 01.01.2017 ~ 12.31.2017
- 54, Jong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 종로 54 (관철동)
- Area around Bosingak Belfry in Jong-ro, Jongno-gu.
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-120,
- Sponsors / Management
- Culture, Design & Tourism Headquarters of the Seoul Metropolitan Government (History & Cultural Heritage Division) /
- The Culture, Design & Tourism Headquarters of the Seoul Metropolitan Government (History & Cultural Heritage Division) has been holding the “Bosingak Bell-Ringing Ceremony” since November 21, 2006. The program takes place at noon daily (except Tuesdays) and gives locals and international visitors the experience of ringing the bell 12 times.
- Guard-changing ceremonies, picture-taking, guided tour, bell-ringing experience, etc.
- Performance Times
- Closed Mondays, March 1, August 15, during bell-ringing ceremonies and other official events
- Closed during extreme hot and cold seasons
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 30 min.
- Additional Events
- After the bell-ringing ceremony at 12 p.m., the
guards march back to Deoksugung Palace.
The event is subject to change
depending on weather conditions.
- Program Details
- A special program called
‘Showing Love for Cultural Assets’ is held on the second and fourth Saturday of the every month. The program is available only to student volunteers. It involves cleaning the area around Bosingak Belfry and
participating in a history lesson regarding Bosingak Bell and the bell-ringing
- How to Particpate
- Regular program:
Bosingak Bell-Ringing Experience: 11:00-12:20
- Hands-on experience program for foreigners offered on Tuesdays.
- Not available on Mondays, Independence Movement Day (March 1), Liberation Day (August 15),
New Year’s Eve for bell-ringing ceremony, extreme heat season (August 4 – 6, 2015)
and cold spell season.
*Foreign visitors may participate in the program on Tuesdays (onsite registration).
*Inquiries : Dasan Call Center +82-120 / Bosingak Bell Administration Office +82-2-2148-4169
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
Jonggak Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 4.
The belfry is located right outside
of the exit.
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish)