VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 12.23.2017 ~ 02.18.2018 Finished
- Danwol-myeon, Yangpyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 양평군 단월면
- Soomy Village in Yangpyeong, Gangwon-do
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-505-505-1114
- Sponsors / Management
- Soomy Land 365 Days Festival Organizing Committee / Soomy Village
- Yangpyeong Icefish Festival takes place in Baekdong fishing site and Soomy Village from late-December to early-February. Residents are preparing for the festival to welcome all visitors including families, couples, groups and others. During the festival, visitors can eat warm fish cakes and roasted chestnuts. Aside from ice fishing, other traditional winter games and activities such as kite-flying, top spinning, sledding and jjinbbang-making (steamed bun with red bean filling) will be available.
During lunch, tteokguk (sliced rice cake soup), bingeohoe muchim (seasoned raw smelt salad) and bingeo twigim (deep-fried smelt) are available at the Women's Society of Soomy Land. One special trait of this festival is the offer of an all-inclusive experience package. After making a reservation, families can enjoy a full day of fun experiences from the moment they arrive until the time they head home with no additional fees to worry about.
Yangpyeong Icefish Festival can be enjoyed by visitors of all ages: Children will look up to their fathers’ as strong men, pulling their sleds around the snow-covered ice; couples will look back on the festival as a warm winter memory, walking hand in hand; friends and coworkers will remember the delicious food and joyful time they spent together.
To attend the festival, visitors can make a reservation on the festival's official website.
- Performance Times
- December 23, 2017-February 11, 2018
- The festival will be open while ice is frozen. Therefore, festival period is subject to change.
- Smelt fishing will be available from January 9.
- Reservation advised as limited number of visitors may enter.
- How to Particpate
- Online reservation: soomyland.winterfestival.kr
- On-site ticketing: Ticket office
* Online reservation required prior to visiting during the weekends.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- From Yongmun Station (Jungang Line), Exit 1 or 2.
Take Yongmunyeok-gil and turn left at Yongmun-ro.
straight for about 100m to reach Yongmun Intercity Bus Terminal.
200 in front of the terminal.
Get off at Sumi Ddeul Bus Stop. (takes
approx. 25 min; 11 stops)
Cross the street to reach Sumi Land (about 130m from the bus stop)
- soomyland.winterfestival.kr (Korean only)