VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 01.01.2016 ~ 02.14.2016
- 214, Baraebong-gil, Namwon-si, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 남원시 운봉읍 바래봉길 214 (운봉읍)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-620-3818 (Unbong-eup Office)
- Sponsors / Management
- Unbong Festival Organizing Committee, Unbong-eup / Unbong-eup
- Jirisan Namwon Baraebong Snowflake Festival will be held for around 50 days in the area of Herb Valley and Baraebong Peak in Unbong-eup, Namwon-si, Jeollabuk-do.
Herb Valley boasts spectacular snow-covered fields due to its high altitude that
keeps the snow from melting.
Organized by Unbong Aehyanghoe and Unbong-eup, the festival features a variety
of winter activities including ice and snow sledding, snowman making, snowball fights and
a kite-flying contest.
Visitors can also have some baked sweet potatoes while taking a break from the activities.
- - Snow sled
- Snow mountain climbing
- Herb-craft making class
- Kite flying
- Snowball fight
- Snow sculpture exhibition
- Cooking sweet potatoes
- Age Limit
- N/A (Open to visitors of all ages)
- From Central City Terminal, take an express bus bound for Namwon Express Bus Terminal.
From the bus terminal, take a taxi to the venue
(About 19 km away / approx. fare: 18,000 won.)
- unbong.namwon.go.kr (Korean only)
- Detailed Info on the Location
- tour.namwon.go.kr (Korean only)